The MUBI Forum
Welcome to the forum for mubi.com, a place to discuss cinema new and old, popular and unpopular, good and bad, and all in between.
We understand that the Internet in general has a low benchmark for intelligent film discussion, and here we hope to raise the bar. We want opinions, we want passion, and most importantly we want a friendly place where your opinions and your passion are welcome.
Please use our handy search in the upper right corner of MUBI before starting a thread to see if a relevant discussion is already taking place in the forum.
We want everyone to have fun here, and as such have a few guidelines that must be followed:
- Nobody has the right to abuse anyone verbally, to spam the forum, or make offensive remarks, including but not limited to posts that include racism, sexism, or comments derogatory to another’s sexuality.
- The use of extreme graphic imagery is prohibited on MUBI unless it is film-specific and relevant to the appropriate discussion. MUBI reserves the right to moderate any image deemed inappropriate.
- Spats and arguments are a part of mubi.com forum experience. Opinions on this site are diverse and sometimes directly polarized—we love that passion is the lifeblood of the cinema and hope you bring that energy to our forum. We all love reading threads where the metaphorical fists fly, but boxing matches must be within the bounds of respect.
- We will not tolerate when community members go beyond the boundaries of a cat fight—not only is it cruel to the animals, but it’s no longer fun to read and destroys community atmosphere. Keep the fight restricted to cinema, don’t attack people; respect the community and the community will respect you.
- Off topic comments should be reserved for the Off Topic section of the forum. Any disruptive comments posted in a thread that threaten the focus of the discussion may be moderated.
Warnings and Repercussions
Participating in abuses to the above guidelines will result in an immediate warning. Continued abuses will result in a second, and final, warning. Persistent abuse after the two warnings will result in a ban from mubi.com.
Reporting and Moderation
To report a forum post that violates these guidelines, move your mouse over the upper right corner of the offending post and click the flag that appears. Our moderators will be notified automatically.
In addition, we have a number of friendly moderators who are helping to keep our community the intelligent and inviting place we want it to be. If you would like to report a problem in the forum or have a question about it, please direct your comments to them.