i have studied physics, chemistry, biology, math, computer science, politics, history, literature, film appreciation, photography and vague ass journalism…worked my ass off past 3 yrs in television, dead beat and bored nuts, wanna do things i couldnt do earlier….and study, write, watch, film film films! but education is way too expensive……
21 BA in Arts. and 4 more semester to finish my MFA
13, going into Grade 9. Overall decent, typical grades. I need to get out more.
27 in and out of college every few semesters. Eventually a BA in child development or psych i guess since i work w emotionally disturbed kiddos. who knows im flighty…
26, BA, Political Science (stuck with the major, didn’t want to switch).
Should have majored in sociology or film studies / production if I had to do a BA again.
Probably should have done a degree in media design instead.
21, graduating undergrad next year in Political Science
Attending law school after.
32; B.A. in French literature, M.A. in Modern Languages & Cultural Studies. (Mainly Narratology and Translation.) Teaching Certificate as icing on the cake. Now a happy literature teacher.
If I ever tackle a PhD it’s going to be a narratological analysis of RPGs like Final Fantasy VII…
28, BA in Psychology, Masters in Social Work.. I’d like to go back to school to study film, but I just can’t afford it right now..
17 as of yesterday, will be a senior in high school a week from today.
18. Already attended a semester of college and going back this fall for a 2-yr. degree in Humanities. Don’t know whether I want to get into writing or film. :|
At 62, I thought I would be the Methuselah of this Forum, but MISTER DOB has me beat by more than a decade, if he’s being truthful about his age! :-)
I keep young by communicating with youthful cineastes on this Web site!
58. Left college after 3 years (they ran out of classes that interested me).
Gymnasium degree in linguistics and a BA in Visual Media.
25. BA magna cum laude (I know it sounds pretentious but I worked my ass off for it) in Theater Studies. Currently working in Development (fundraising) for an Off-Broadway theater company while saving money to go back for my Masters/PhD in Dramatic Literature. Or Film Studies. Haven’t decided yet.
34. Some college.
About to start Junior year in high school
BA in English.
21. Associates in Audio Engineering. I got the rest of my education from the STREETS
34. PhD (unrelated to film but of equal use value).
19. Heading to university in the fall, probably will end up with a useful degree in English, but all I want to do is make films.
Sandwiches, you might want to consider going to film school then. I was just thinking yesterday it would be great to go to La Femis. Might have to learn French first.
Me, I’m 27 and I have a Bachelor’s. Been thinking about getting my Master’s ever since I graduated from college, but have never come up with the resources.
Then take the money you’re going to waste on university and spend it on making a film.
‘Then take the money you’re going to waste on university and spend it on making a film.’
And Kubrick basically said that, so it MUST be done!
Exactly, and I hope Sandwiches was being ironic when he called a degree in English useful (and I say this as someone with experience in less than useful degrees).
24, art major (lit/music)
I have a good two weeks to find a Masters program…in what? God doesn’t know either.
22, BA in English (Creative Writing concentration) and BA in Communication and Media Studies (Film concentration). I’m thinking about an MA, perhaps in Early Childhood Education, perhaps in English. We’ll see what happens.
20. About to start my 3rd year of college as a cinema and photography major, with a concentration in cinema production/English minor.
Ari: Just out of curiosity, approx. how many useless degrees are there in colleges???
19 – graduated in 08, studied video production/graphic arts, this fall will be taking classes at a local community college and spending my free time writing and making movies!