This topic is not about alcoholism in the movies. Is about those wonderful women known as divas and some scenes or movies where they appears drunken!
1. Bette Davis, of course, in “All About Eve”.
2. Elizabeth Taylor, “Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?”.
3. Katharine Hepburn, “Philadelphia Story”.
4. Constance Bennett, “Topper”
5. Joan Crawford, “Humoresque”
I of course like Bette Davis. She is also great/drunk in Dangerous.
Most people like Gena Rowlands in A Woman Under the Influence. Not my favorite, but I immediately think of her.
I think Bette Davis could probably fill up all five spots on my list. I think she is awesome.
If I remember well, Bette Davis is drunk in the following movies:
1934 Of Human Bondage
1939 Dark Victory
1943 Thank Your Lucky Stars (well, she must be drunk to sing and dance in her scene)
1946 Decepcion (so many cocktails and still stand up)
1950 All About Eve
1952 The Star
1961 Pocketful of Miracles
1961 What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?