William Powell and Myrna Loy in The Thin Man! No banter is better than theirs.
i like hugh grant and andie macdowell :O)
I just watched Blue Velvet for the first time the other day and loved watching Jeffrey and Sandy together.
i think you’re forgetting a few ones…
Ethan Hawke with Julie Delpy
Tony Leung with Maggie Cheung
George Clooney with Julia Roberts
Leonardo Di Caprio with Kate Winslet
Roberto Benigni with Nicoletta Braschi
Woody Allen with Mia Farrow
Clark Gable with Vivien Leigh
Meryl Streep with Robert Redford
Jean Reno with Natalie Portman?
And so and so and so…
and patrick bergin and julia roberts :O(
natalie portman was a bit young playing a 12 year old
I don’t know if these are the most popular, but these are definitely some of my favorite movie couples.
- Woody Allen and Diane Keaton (Annie Hall)
- Tony Leung and Maggie Cheung ( In The Mood For Love)
- Tony leung and Ziyi Zhang (2046)
- Jean Paul Belmondo and Anna Karina/ Jean Seberg ( Pierrot Le Fou/ Breathless)
- Leonardo Dicaprio and Kate Winslet ( revolutionary Road)
- Tony Leung and Faye Wong ( Chungking Express)
- Kate Winslet and Jim Carey ( Eternal Sunshine)
- Natalie Portman and Jude Law ( Closer)
- Julia Roberts and Clive Owen (Closer)
- Anthony Quinn and Giulietta Masina ( La Strada)
- Marcello Mastrioanni and Anouk Aimee ( 8 1/2)
- Jean Pierre Leaud andClaude Jade ( Antoine Doinel series)
- Dustin Hoffman and Anne Bancroft ( The Graduate)
- Helena Bonham Carter and Brad Pitt/ Edward Norton ( Fight Club)
- Leslie Cheung and Tony Leung ( Happy Together)
- Gael Garcia Bernal and Diego Luna ( Y Tu Mama Tambien/ Rudo and Cursi)
Wow, I just realized that most of the couples I’ve listed are really dysfunctional.
There are still many more film couples I love. Too many to list.
leslie cheung and brigitte lin (bride with white hair 1&2)
leslie cheung and joey wang (chinese ghost story 1&2)
leslie cheung and anita mui (rouge) – my personal favorite :O)
I forgot to mention Joseph Gordon Levitt and Zooey Deschanel.
Johnny Depp and Winona Ryder in EDWARD SCISSORHANDS
Julie Delpy and Adam Goldberg in 2 DAYS IN PARIS
Leonardo Sbaraglia and Eduardo Noriega in PLATA QUEMADA
Helen Hunt and Jack Nicholson in AS GOOD AS IT GETS
Tony Leung Chiu Wai and Chen Chang in HAPPY TOGETHER
Walle and Eva!! in WALL-E
Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee probably made more movies together than all the above combined.
Just because they didn’t get all mushy with each other shoouldn’t disqualify them …
Laurel and Hardy
Woody and Diane
Woody and Mia
Woody and Scarlett
As all the Tony Leung permutations have been listed, I’ll throw in George Clooney and JLo in Out of Sight. Not a particular fan of either of them, but they were great and classy together in that film.
And of course Bogart and Bacall in, erm, you know …. that film.
Liv Ullman and Erland JosephsonLiv Ullman and Bibi AndersonLiv Ullman, Max Von Sydow, Erland Josephson,Bibi Anderson