What is your greatest ambition in life?
To become immortal… and then to die.
I am 22 year old Film Studies/English Major at the University of Nebraska in Lincoln. I have always had a extreme love of film, which has only flourished since I have found the film studies program. I have an insatiable urge to watch film, and do so at all hours of the day which it is permissible! I have recently started a blog in which I put all of my film studies writing, for class or just for fun (The link to which is allangraysimagination.wordpress.com). Other than that, I also love;
music (Top 10 Bands: Cocteau Twins, Sonic Youth, Sleater-Kinney, (The London) Suede, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, John Coltrane, Why?, Red House Painters, Belle & Sebastian, Minor Threat. and the list could go on for ever)
good literature (Favorite Authors: Virginia Woolf, Milian Kundera, Jack Kerouac, Andre Bazin, Los Hernandez Brothers, Daniel Clowes, Adrian Tomine, Alan Moore, Neil Gaiman, .
My admission to the Auteurs poll
1. Breathless – Jean-Luc Godard (1960) France
2. Double Life of Veronique – Krzysztof Kieslowski (1991) France/Poland/Norway
3. The Passion of Joan of Arc – Carl Theodre Dreyer (1928) France
4. Ratcatcher – Lynne Ramsay (1999) UK/France
5. The 400 Blows – Francois Truffaut (1959) France
6. Fanny and Alexander – Ingmar Bergman (1982) Sweden/France/Germany
7. Metropolis – Fritz Lang (1927) Germany
8. Elevator to the Gallows – Louis Malle (1958) France
9. Les Enfants Terribles – Jean-Pierre Melville (1950) France
10. In the Mood for Love – Wong Kar-Wai (2000) Hong Kong