রেটিং এবং রিভিউ

1. braxtondavis637's rating of the film Breathless

it was a very free form film that was done in the late 1960

2. Charlie Douglas-Hamilton's rating of the film Breathless

3. Theo Coleridge's rating of the film Breathless

My Favourite Film, ever. Tarantino described this movie as “making the back of a head interesting”, and it is this framing coupled with the abandonment of a plot that carries this movie to the hall of fame.

4. Feellikeanumber's rating of the film Breathless

[REWATCHED] To put it simply - powerful piece of cinema. Experiments with film structure and form. Funny, inventive dialogs, great performances... wait what am I doing? Explaining why Breathless is fucking great? It's just is, deal with it. P.S. Jean Seberg is gorgeuos

5. Adam Dumas's rating of the film Breathless

I guess I'm not ready for this one yet.. I thought it was visually beautiful and I loved being transported to 1960's Paris, but I guess this movie just didn't quite hit me on the first watch.

6. Aulia Indry's rating of the film Breathless

Patricia dengan baju garis2nya

7. Christoph Rehmann-Sutter's rating of the film Breathless

A deconstruction of the masculine role in love by driving it ad absurdum. Michel is incapable of seeing Patricia as the person that she is. But I would not call the film feminist. Patricia is caught in a romantic love to a man who is not seeing her as what she is. Being an American woman and not supposed to be devote, she plays "the pretty girl" and stays caught in the same untoward gender stereotype, as is Michel.

8. Paul's rating of the film Breathless

A Bout de Souffle is just one of these films that are so riveting, funny, philosophical but never pretentious. It is a classic that doesn´t age and a must see for anybody.

9. Charlotte Hafner's rating of the film Breathless

I love the Nouveau Vague, and this movie is groundbreaking, obviously, which is why it's still getting two stars. Aesthetically and stylistically, it's wonderful. However, it's by far not Godard's best, the plot is barely there & what is there is dreadfully dull, the characters have no redeeming characteristics and aren't interesting enough to be able to carry a movie. All in all, not comparable to his later work.

10. Toni's rating of the film Breathless

11. Lily Parmenter's rating of the film Breathless

12. Carlos's rating of the film Breathless

Deserves all the praise it has attained.

13. Leon Blank's rating of the film Breathless

Influence ≠ Quality. It lacks any real depth and is little more than a self-conscious homage to film noir. The dialogue is stilted, performances bland, cinematography poor. Perhaps it was important in moving away from the artificiality of 'quality cinema', but it doesn't put this new form to any use. The jump cuts serve no purpose other than to draw attention to themselves, regardless of Godard's intent.

14. leonordbatista's rating of the film Breathless

15. Huey McEvoy's rating of the film Breathless

Michel may be out of breath, but it's Patricia who's out of her depth as the feckless hipster who - insouciantly, natch - smokes her way around freewheelin' Paris and falls for the Gallic charm and Gaulloises stench of a narcissistic cop killer. They both realise the error of their ways too late, as Godard jump cuts his shopping trolley camera through Paris' boulevards and into film history.

16. Duarte Ferreira's rating of the film Breathless

4.5/5 - Godard weaves moments of youthful philosophizing and faux-fantasy, all an exercise for his infamous hyper-stylish cutting approach to storytelling, playing with the film's frames like great free jazz's musicians toyed around with their time signatures. The almost improvisational cadence at which the images bounced off from one another was, at times, so intense and frenetic, it left me in a near fugue state.

17. Dean Simons's rating of the film Breathless

I love most parts about the film but I wasn’t emotionally invested in the characters. From the music, to the camera styles, the framing and approach, I loved this film - I just wish it really satisfied me.

18. Cartaphilus's rating of the film Breathless

19. Jeremy's rating of the film Breathless

So much to love in 90 minutes. This movie along with Cleo de 5 à 7 pretty much defines the nouvelle vague.

20. MANY THINGS's rating of the film Breathless

21. Inteleter's rating of the film Breathless

Thought this was just OK. Would probably have liked this more if Godard didn't attempt to portray the main character as being cool. Jean Seberg is good though and she manages to make this bearable.

22. Pippington's rating of the film Breathless

At the very least a fantastic look around Paris in the late fifties. Incredible. Lots of strangely dressed people smoking furiously. Beautiful film quality - opalescent monochrome. Some very evocative jazz, too.

23. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Breathless

Although I am not usually a fan of Godard, this is one of the best I have seen from him. I still don't love it as much as many others do, but Jean-Paul Belmondo and Jean Seberg ooze cool and effortless appeal throughout, the former managing to do so even while portraying quite a nasty character.

24. ela orleans's rating of the film Breathless

two dull but good looking characters shot with the loving eye of the cameraman. this film made some impression on me when I was 17. It's been a while.