Pour une meilleure expérience sur MUBI, Mettez à jour votre navigateur.

রেটিং এবং রিভিউ

1. Naila's rating of the film Casa de Lava

beautiful and haunted in a mischievous way. but also really boring.

2. Kuja's rating of the film Casa de Lava

A treatise on lavatics (from the Latin lavare, meaning to wash). Imagine a landscape outside of this world immersed in the sound of funaná. This piece of cinematic art elevates Tourneur's classic to the umpteenth power.

3. Nicole's rating of the film Casa de Lava

"its all for you" "music is a bitch. I worship her" don't talk that way about my love but yes i am a disciple too and big shoutout to edith scob for being in a Pedro Costa semi-I Walked with a Zombie film!

4. I.Camera's rating of the film Casa de Lava

Reliant on what Herzog calls the voodoo of location, Casa de Lava treats its volcanic backdrop as a key character. A man in a zombified state may represent the disenfranchised state of his land, with Cape Verdeans facing a choice between unemployment at home or hazardous, poorly paid work overseas. Intriguing and beautifully filmed, though the use of a 'white woman in Africa' as a viewer surrogate is a dated cliche.

5. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Casa de Lava

I can imagine this film being in an unknown language. There's no subtitles, and you have to understand what's going on by the emotions and the way things are said. You could sense people talking past each other, and feel the frustration of people not getting their questions answered. This isn't a zombie film, it's 'Stranger in a Strange Land'.

6. Adam GR's rating of the film Casa de Lava

Is this hell? I love how you slowly realize you're in a poem. I felt like at the end of the day, there were only two characters. You can't do this kind of thing to me with Isaach de Bankolé, let alone in the 90s. We're led to invest in the narrative, but eventually only feeling matters. Casa de lava, something built to live in, something molten and archaic. Love, dry as an island. That black sand beach at night.

7. Kenneth Gentry's rating of the film Casa de Lava

8. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Casa de Lava

Having seen a bunch of Costa’s films at this point, I thought this early effort would feel like just that, but it’s as transcendent and geniously composed as any of them. Glad he abandons using white European actors after this though.

9. Knights of Odessa's rating of the film Casa de Lava

MASTERPIECE!! But I never have words to explain how exciting this film is.

10. Rebecca DeLucia's rating of the film Casa de Lava

“do you know her?” “i know a song she likes”

11. FISCHER's rating of the film Casa de Lava

Quelque peu fastidieux et prétentieux ! www.cinefiches.com

12. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Casa de Lava

On the surface, this is a more conventional film than the other film in Costa's oeuvre. But like all Costa films, there is more than meets the eye and what he is doing here is quite subversive- treating the "story" as landscape and the landscape as the actual story.

13. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film Casa de Lava

3.5 Best viewed through the lens of some of his more recent efforts.

14. João Moura's rating of the film Casa de Lava

15. ig_____or's rating of the film Casa de Lava

A cinematografia deste filme é de uma beleza estonteante. O crioulo requere legendas, e a narrativa não segue propriamente um fio condutor, havendo mesmo cenas (aparentemente) desconexas entre si... mas o melhor é mesmo deixarmo-nos levar pela mão da graciosa Inês de Medeiros neste ambiente que parece ter tanto de inóspito quanto de acolhedor.

16. Lukas Brown's rating of the film Casa de Lava

I walked with a zombie, or rather he walked with me.

17. Valentin•'s rating of the film Casa de Lava

(+) This film has his own soul.

18. Laura G.'s rating of the film Casa de Lava

"Para quem não tem nada, todo o pouco é um milagre".

19. musidora ducasse's rating of the film Casa de Lava

20. Henrique Barbosa Justini's rating of the film Casa de Lava

tudo é sólido, impenetrável. o mundo se abre em histórias e se fecha como enigma- as narrativas de outrem são inconciliáveis com as nossas. só temos um vislumbre do que é a vida em outra nação, em outra cultura

21. MELO TINTO's rating of the film Casa de Lava

22. JoãoOliveira's rating of the film Casa de Lava

Era mais justo nascer velho e morrer criança.

23. Michael H. CLAES's rating of the film Casa de Lava

Ballade existentielle. Partout les couleurs, la musique. La nuit. La pauvreté. Que cherche cette femme, accrochée aux flancs du volcan île ? Que cherchent les personnages d'Antonioni ? === Existential ballad. Colors, music everywhere, as if to redeem the extreme poverty. The night. What is this woman looking for, in the streets of the island, on the flanks of the volcano? What are Antonioni's characters looking for?

24. Jason's rating of the film Casa de Lava

Costa's debt to to Straub-Huillet is expressed in the form of a pictorially-established ontological materialism; human beings, payed lavish attention, have something like the status of things (though things flung into language). CASA DE LAVA, w/ its debt to I WALKED WITH A ZOMBIE, also centers around spirit, mystery, and the unnameable. There is something of the foggy logic of the weary traveler's undulant dreams.