রেটিং এবং রিভিউ

1. notuaiz's rating of the film Joy of Learning

2. Benjamin Reid's rating of the film Joy of Learning

There is a lot I really didn't comprehend in this self-proclaimed failure of a film, but I kept wanting to watch and admire the experiments Godard and his actors take on as they explore the idea of documentary theater. Though arguably quite removed from its political moment, it is still a fun ode to the subjectivity of language.

3. Dumitru.Nurciu's rating of the film Joy of Learning

Too bad it's that hard to follow, but i see where he's getting at!

4. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Joy of Learning

The moment when Godard realized just how meaningless storytelling was and that Cinema is Dead.

5. Rustam Chartrand Mendeleev's rating of the film Joy of Learning

6. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Joy of Learning

7. hemachandra's rating of the film Joy of Learning

Godard is more interested in getting a philosophical message across than focusing on character. I should have a read an essay instead.

8. James Cesari's rating of the film Joy of Learning

Comme d'hab les images sont tres belles dans les films du Godard, mais je prefere lire les dialogues à souffrir de les entendre dans un film. Beautiful images as usual in Godard's, but I rather read the dialogues than suffer listening to them in a film.

9. captainfez's rating of the film Joy of Learning

If you were looking for a film to dissuade a friend from the mindset that all Godard films were pretentious shit, this wouldn't be the one you'd choose.

10. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Joy of Learning

The fast and reliable edition makes this one a great rendition.

11. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film Joy of Learning

When Mao and Stalin were great until the truth was revealed. Millions slaughtered

12. rociof's rating of the film Joy of Learning

Poco probable. Un trabajo menor.

13. NicoIlGermanico's rating of the film Joy of Learning

14. Pierre.F's rating of the film Joy of Learning

"Dissoudre les images et les sons" Une véritable expérience cinématographique et politique à la manière dont Rousseau a initié cette tradition des expériences de pensée.

15. Balthaz21's rating of the film Joy of Learning

16. Cependant's rating of the film Joy of Learning

17. Ludovic72's rating of the film Joy of Learning

Avec des moyens basiques (deux personnages sur un fond noir, quelques intervenants ponctuels et des archives), Godard se livre à une expérience d'analyse / démontage du médium cinéma et du discours révolutionnaire de l'époque. Le résultat est à la fois horripilant et amusant, ridicule et intelligent, assommant et revigorant. Cet essai théorico-pratique assume d'ailleurs son côté foutraque. Godard est un type qui ose.

18. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Joy of Learning

A self(reflexively)-confessed failure that does more than most "successful" films -- an essay-film in the truest sense (un film qui...essaie quelque chose).

19. allexandra's rating of the film Joy of Learning

20. Rachel Aylett's rating of the film Joy of Learning

Voila! Here, at last, is the solution to my insomnia. Almost unwatchable. Godard is the only major film maker I can't stand - Pasolini is just bearable. Two communists. They're not right in the head you know.

21. Roshan Abeysekera's rating of the film Joy of Learning

Although I like the general look of this film essay, especially the weird splicings of old recording conjoined with archive footage and stock photographs, thrusted upon the viewer every couple of minutes or so, I have a strong distaste for what strikes my ears as intellectual gobbledegook and therefore couldn't take it anymore as soon as they started to mention Mao's little red book.

22. DrFirestone's rating of the film Joy of Learning

This film reminds a theatrical play, poetry and gives a sense of loneliness, melancholy. I somehow felt Godard's disappointment... possibly because of the growing split between the intellectual revolutionary movement and the working class that was becoming stagnant and revisionist by that time. Great cinematography and outstanding performances from Juliet Berto and Jean-Pierre Leaud!

23. Hugo C.'s rating of the film Joy of Learning

Un peu long, mais intéressant.

24. Benjamin Bland's rating of the film Joy of Learning

Godard has made some great film essays. This isn't one of them. Would have made a neat short but there's not enough happening to merit the feature length.