রেটিং এবং রিভিউ

1. Nicole's rating of the film The Color Wheel

Vision boards and Chernobyl mentioned in the first 10 minutes? I dig it! Ross Perry is a king when it comes to cringe comedy, although it disturbed me that MUBI labeled romance on this considering well.... Even though these 2 people were deeply scummy, the Spanking the Monkey thing was unpredictable to me, and very much topped the meeting with the proffessor as the most unpleasant thing in the film.

2. I.Camera's rating of the film The Color Wheel

At least it's funny. Witty dialogue and naturalistic performances from its two leads smooth over amateur acting from some of the supporting cast of stereotypical small town jerks (esp. during the overlong party scene). The script also tries too hard to be provocative towards its end. Perry's direction is assured, though, and the jokes are biting without being overly annoying - this is closer to Altman than 'Clerks'.

3. Kwemo's rating of the film The Color Wheel

Bujalski but for decade late hipsters. Possibly made by slightly less jaded versions of the characters from The Comedy. Perry probably wishes he could've gotten Zooey Deschanel and Michael Cera. Could've been good with totally different dialogue tbh.

4. sourena's rating of the film The Color Wheel

5. liyongo13's rating of the film The Color Wheel

This film was superzoom video before superzoom videos were a thing. Interesting take a want a romance/comedy can be.

6. Y's rating of the film The Color Wheel

movies about white privileged spoiled “intellectuals” are so over done

7. El Biffo's rating of the film The Color Wheel

Beautiful 16mm Black & White. Taking off a star for formulaic music segments. There's a lot of authenticity and inspiration in this film. Parts of it actually made me laugh (not easy) and the ending is delightfully sinful.

8. Sunil Chopade's rating of the film The Color Wheel

Altman has a real New Wave look -not an accident, the movie's on 16mm B&W- but a post-Juno humour. The hotel clerk is an MVP. The film's ending should be transgressive, but it was oddly sweet to me —dunno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

9. Carlos's rating of the film The Color Wheel

I really loved this film and it's humor and range of emotion.

10. tonnu108's rating of the film The Color Wheel

carlen altman deserves major market

11. Jason Kohl's rating of the film The Color Wheel

This is one of the greatest American indies, real indies, of the decade.

12. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Color Wheel

This movie does not appear on my vision board.

13. William R Clark's rating of the film The Color Wheel

I've been trying to only watch good movies lately. It's getting old, for sure, but it is undeniably pleasant.

14. a.'s rating of the film The Color Wheel

Shocking for the sake of shock, absolutely unfunny, dated (typical of "hipster" films of that era) and to be honest, quite embarrassing.

15. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film The Color Wheel

Siblings annoy each other and me but in the end their love for each other also include my own affection for the material in the film as it reaches it's natural resolution. The party scene is patethic to behold, but there is also some great funny moments to grasp.

16. Juan Javier's rating of the film The Color Wheel

La segunda parte es mejor. Sin embargo, sigue demasiado de cerca los cánones del cine independiente norteamericano, creo.

17. VincentVendetta's rating of the film The Color Wheel

The best time with the worst people.

18. Graceful Photon's rating of the film The Color Wheel

Still not sure what to make of this picture. The situations that the two characters find themselves in were just too ridiculous for me to take them seriously, but I stuck with the picture because the dynamic between them seemed solid, and then their story jumped the shark and I was left with nothing. Kind of poignant, even if the story, and the characters, and the situations were incomprehensible an unrealistic.

19. James Mackin's rating of the film The Color Wheel

Surprisingly funny. Part of me wants to see a Before trilogy style series about this. I love Kate Lyn Sheil's whole arc of not quite getting rid of that hunger, and then smashing that hunger down.

20. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film The Color Wheel

21. josé neves's rating of the film The Color Wheel

PC.There will be few things that annoys me more than the mumblecore and, in that, Ross Perry, with his natural naturalness and confused posture and his unbearable out of tune voice, seeking for tones of emotion. Nothing pisses me off more, in cinema, than a shapeless movie that seeks the climactic buzzword that could interrupt its christian's white petit-bourgeois fruition, like incest's tenuous ghost.

22. captainfez's rating of the film The Color Wheel

If I wanted to watch a shitty roadtrip with poorly-scripted bickering, I'd watch my own home movies.

23. msmichel's rating of the film The Color Wheel

Carlen Atlman and Alex Ross Perry's scripting and performances are quite impressive here. Just when the film seems to be wearing out its welcome the third act reveal puts it right over the top.

24. dionysus67's rating of the film The Color Wheel

Not at all uninteresting indie shot in grainy 16mm. Unseflconscious about its flaws (the dialogue about sex does not always work) , it's also unpretentiously confident about its strengths: naturalistic acting, some doses of cynical humor, a great Carlen Altman whose physical presence and piercing gaze dominates the screen. A great finale too turning a taboo on its head by subsuming it under human drives and fantasy.

← Previous 1 3 4