Bitte aktualisiere deinen Browser um MUBI optimal nutzen zu können.

Bedømmelser & anmeldelser

1. Bob's rating of the film 1408

A solid adaptation that is carried by Cusack's routine performance, which makes this entertaining to watch at one point - but all throughout - it's never boring even though it takes place in one single room for most of the time. Some moments are touching thanks to young Jasmine Jessica Anthony, while others are creepy thanks to not so cheap jump-scares. "The Shining" vibe lingers like a shadow over 1408.

2. MisterColo93's rating of the film 1408

3. Ryan327's rating of the film 1408

4. ig_____or's rating of the film 1408

The tackiness of Cusack's shirts was the scariest thing in here. Seriously, what a shitty character, completely threw me off. But the mind-bending story had amazing potencial, I bet it was great on paper.

5. PeterK94's rating of the film 1408

Excellent setup and sense of dread. Too bad the protagonist just won for no reason when the movie needed the end. With a better conclusion, this could have been great.

6. Luca Di Gianni's rating of the film 1408

7. grotesc's rating of the film 1408

8. Paul Mallinson's rating of the film 1408

I really love this film. A super-haunted hotel room that torments its victims appeals to me, for some strange reason. Have re-watched this a few times and would watch again. Good, solid entertainment.

9. Ramzi's rating of the film 1408

Watched with a group of friends after one of them recommended it. Nowhere near as frightening as promised and we ended up making fun of it throughout. Decently enough made, though

10. ofNatalie LA's rating of the film 1408

11. wiwitaek's rating of the film 1408

Rewatched and regretted it instantly.

12. lndah's rating of the film 1408

The only thing I remember about this film is, we, underage kids at that time, packed in a language class feeling terribly guilty and awkward watching inadvertent sex scene on this when the teacher outside the class. "Fast it forward!" "yeah, but where's the remote?" that was the day she stole our virgin eyes.

13. ceknklsn's rating of the film 1408

14. aaa093's rating of the film 1408

"It's a fucking evil room."

15. Aaron Dillenbeck's rating of the film 1408

A contemporary telling of Dante's Inferno, 1408 blends the line of paranoia and fear very well. Special effects were well done and the audio effects find the bottom of your spine and heighten your state of awareness. Cusak is at his best. Nice twist ending.

16. Gabriele Mariotti's rating of the film 1408

the only horror movie i enjoyed.

17. RoRoRoro's rating of the film 1408

18. vordven's rating of the film 1408

19. Jason Av's rating of the film 1408

20. The Macho King's rating of the film 1408

21. Ira's rating of the film 1408

Not scary at all, very slow plot, random metaphorical scenes, confused direction. This movie felt like didn't know what wanted to deliver. Was fantasy? paranormal? he was getting crazy? maybe all of them haha.. I got very bored :(

22. Rattzz Matanzano's rating of the film 1408

"It's just a SCARY...FUCKING..... ROOM."

23. DimasRimbaud's rating of the film 1408

24. pedrosaurus's rating of the film 1408

The only 1408 you'll want to stay away from is the movie itself, not the room.