For en bedre oplevelse på MUBI, opdater din browser.

Bedømmelser & anmeldelser

1. Jye Sherwell's rating of the film Beautiful Boy

I'm surprised some are writing harsh reviews of this film. Maybe ones life experience can affect how you're affected or not by a film. I felt strongly for Steve's character & think it's further example of how strongly parents feel for, love, & worry about their children. Nic's story didn't affect me as much at first, but slowly it wore me down. Not a great film, but the feelings at the heart of the film are there.

2. tenonder's rating of the film Beautiful Boy

3. Vickie Retallick's rating of the film Beautiful Boy

Painful to watch, somehow got through it. The boy looks the same at the end compared to the start

4. lesminho's rating of the film Beautiful Boy

5. Rocketeam's rating of the film Beautiful Boy

6. Daniela Ruiz de E's rating of the film Beautiful Boy

kind of mad that steve took the part

7. Diogo Moreira's rating of the film Beautiful Boy

Steve Carrel does an amazing job in here, so do Timothée's tear ducts.

8. Ieva's rating of the film Beautiful Boy

Well, I relary see films with such a bad selection of music. It just didn't fit into this film.

9. Jason's rating of the film Beautiful Boy

As a gentleman himself in recovery, I come to BEAUTIFUL BOY with a certain amount of trepidation, though prepared to accept the requisite dose of hokum. There is no shortage of things to find fault w/, but there was no way that wasn't going to be the case. Family disease. Disease of control. Those two elements meld here. Weirdly, watching progenitor and progeny I thought of Bergman's THROUGH A GLASS DARKLY.

10. christina.'s rating of the film Beautiful Boy

Devastating. I understand the impulse to judge this movie portraying a well off white man struggling with addiction. But as someone who is not a white man and is not from a family of means with a family member struggling with addiction - this reflected back a lot of the same emotions my family and I have experienced. The point I’m trying to make is, this felt very universal despite the specificity represented.

11. Žymantė Tra's rating of the film Beautiful Boy

12. Chenny Aviana's rating of the film Beautiful Boy

i felt the pain between all the characters. steve carell was phenomenal

13. Anthony Patstone's rating of the film Beautiful Boy

Every parent should see this film.

14. movieater's rating of the film Beautiful Boy

15. Enrico Benarivo's rating of the film Beautiful Boy

16. edpwilson's rating of the film Beautiful Boy

painful, sentimental, sun-drenched through trees- Chalamet and Carell's performances are bright rays of light

17. Jeff Heinzl's rating of the film Beautiful Boy

Split between two perspectives, Beautiful Boy has trouble finding its way without relying on clichés from both sides: the frustrated father who ultimately just wants to protect the more acceptable parts of his family and the lonely intellectual son whose drug use (unsurprisingly) just exacerbates his alienation. Still, the humiliation of dad insisting that his son take a drug test stings, saltwater in a shared wound.

18. Ali's rating of the film Beautiful Boy

19. Roy Deckard's rating of the film Beautiful Boy

A film about a father who's son is addicted to crystal meth. So I expect ugly, sick, depressive imagery of washed-up colors, emotional and dramatic explosions, etc. But that's different. Good different. And I appreciate that.

20. John H. Nomedal's rating of the film Beautiful Boy

This movie is a metaphor for Steve Carrells struggle of getting recognition as a serious actor and not a comedian...and my God he tries and he tries. He had me convinced, but then his high pitched voice takes over when despair is at its highest peak, and Im reminded The Office.Chalamet is seductive as an actor, as a snake he tries to convince us of his addiction but it never goes beyond his beautiful eyes. Well told.

21. diogohenrique's rating of the film Beautiful Boy

22. Carambotti's rating of the film Beautiful Boy

Choppy cadence to this biopic. Jumping back and forth, all over the place. By the end, I thought this is what it might be like to experience the craziness of drug addiction. Not an easy movie to watch.

23. Saaam's rating of the film Beautiful Boy

beautiful performances. beautiful soundtracks!

24. Zoë Isabela's rating of the film Beautiful Boy

this movie destroyed me in every possible way i'm pretty sure it intended to. looking back, the story itself could've perhaps done with a little more refinement but the dynamic between steve carell and timothée chalamet was everything. like. everything. lil timmy tim is going to butt fuck the oscars this year.