For en bedre oplevelse på MUBI, opdater din browser.

Bedømmelser & anmeldelser

1. pieomy's rating of the film Mother!

2. Tiago José Mateus Cardoso's rating of the film Mother!

Y'all just can't understand a well made and metaphorical movie

3. Pedro Ramos's rating of the film Mother!

4. Moviolala's rating of the film Mother!

An intimate. mysterious, enchanting, horrendous nightmare fairy tale from the very beginning of earth to the destruction through the eyes and the body of Mother! Highly recommended

5. ImJustHereToStalkEndz's rating of the film Mother!

It's realistically 3 stars, but it cursed my year so it gets knocked down to 2

6. nona vanis's rating of the film Mother!

membaca al-kitab di era revolusi digital

7. roseros's rating of the film Mother!

8. ClassicCcliché's rating of the film Mother!

Beautifully unsettling and yet somehow upsetting on a personal level. Maybe due to the message and how twisted it is, or just because I will never forget not to hold a baby's head properly EVER. Yet I must say, nicely shot. That is to be expected from Aronofsky, but this one is uncommonly bright. Not in tone, are you crazy? In hue and nothing else. Watched it twice, only to see the horror on my friends' faces.

9. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film Mother!

I despise blatant symbolism/allegory in cinema, as by definition (being tropes of literature, of painting) they can't be nothing but underlining and obvious. This empties the film. It's like a dumb, big baby that eats everything around it. I don't want to watch something alluding to something else, I want to watch time, which is the medium of cinema. Aronofsky's mumbo-jumbo side is on show here. Unfocused, ludicrous.

10. Enrico Benarivo's rating of the film Mother!

11. Will's rating of the film Mother!

Unbelievable first half, the ultimate visualisation of extreme anxiety. Second half is a little silly but I guess the logical progression from the first. I refuse to accept the religious analogy because it’s lame as hell.

12. matelot's rating of the film Mother!

13. Carlett Decker's rating of the film Mother!

Brilliant film even if it's sometimes a little too graphic. Daring, personal, thought-provoking. It's not for everyone but for those who want to watch a personal view about our existence, our humanity and how we are here, it feels like a beautiful and painful poem.

14. Audrey's rating of the film Mother!

2,5 - 3 - Pour vrai je sais pas

15. Kanine Keenan's rating of the film Mother!

My favourite film of 2017. Quite unlike anything I've seen before.

16. Samuel Righi's rating of the film Mother!

17. Stefano Campagna's rating of the film Mother!

18. Nari da Xana's rating of the film Mother!

19. Marija Sajekaitė's rating of the film Mother!

20. Ariel Rowan's rating of the film Mother!

unbearable ego creating female labour

21. P D Dawson's rating of the film Mother!

Wonderful to see Aronofsky at his outlandish best with a twisty, edgy and disturbing offering. Those of a nervous disposition would be wise to give it a miss, but if you can handle the dark, brooding and nightmarish plight of Mother, played by Lawrence, then you're in for a treat. The film builds from a simmer to a boil as more and more guests arrive at a couple's house in the middle of nowhere. Weirdly awesome!

22. Luca Soldati's rating of the film Mother!

23. cristodicarta's rating of the film Mother!

24. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Mother!

Movie made entirely out of symbolism