Bedømmelser & anmeldelser

1. Erik F.'s rating of the film Mother!

3.5 stars. Worth seeing purely as an assaultive and overwhelming sensory experience, and (surprisingly) the unsubtlety of the God/Mother Earth/Humanity allegory seems to work in the film's favor (though it becomes a bit muddled by trying to add themes of Art and Patriarchy to the mix). The over-reliance on CGI in certain parts will date the film in years to come, but it has the makings of a cult favorite.

2. JMKE's rating of the film Mother!

If that's meant to be *Pure* love, by completely self sacrificing and rebuilding his house for him, when he doesnt really seem to bothered is 'Love', then Umm.. hmm. Then it is pretty rude! The film trying to make sense was sooo embarrassing, but the people who kept getting up on the sink was funny. This Darren guy is dense.

3. demet ozge a's rating of the film Mother!

izlediğim en sarsıcı filmlerden.

4. soymilky's rating of the film Mother!

5. Richard!'s rating of the film Mother!

The Michael Bay of ''art films''.

6. Traum Baum's rating of the film Mother!

Apparently, this world is not the best of all possible worlds, as Leibniz thought, but the product of God's creator's block. Or is it Aronofsky's?

7. Tid's rating of the film Mother!

Deistic religion in a nutshell.

8. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Mother!

1.6 stars. Oh do fuck off. Like an aggressively straight Almodóvar or a humourless Von Trier or a collaboration between bloody Quantic Dream and Tale of Tales. If these really are the last years of a dying planet I'd really rather have anyone but Aronofsky allegorise it. I mean, without Clint Mansell, what's even the point. The only thing I like are the squishy body horror moments as with 'Black Swan'.

9. pieomy's rating of the film Mother!

10. Tiago José Mateus Cardoso's rating of the film Mother!

Y'all just can't understand a well made and metaphorical movie

11. Pedro Ramos's rating of the film Mother!

12. Moviolala's rating of the film Mother!

An intimate. mysterious, enchanting, horrendous nightmare fairy tale from the very beginning of earth to the destruction through the eyes and the body of Mother! Highly recommended

13. ImJustHereToStalkEndz's rating of the film Mother!

It's realistically 3 stars, but it cursed my year so it gets knocked down to 2

14. nona vanis's rating of the film Mother!

membaca al-kitab di era revolusi digital

15. roseros's rating of the film Mother!

16. ClassicCcliché's rating of the film Mother!

Beautifully unsettling and yet somehow upsetting on a personal level. Maybe due to the message and how twisted it is, or just because I will never forget not to hold a baby's head properly EVER. Yet I must say, nicely shot. That is to be expected from Aronofsky, but this one is uncommonly bright. Not in tone, are you crazy? In hue and nothing else. Watched it twice, only to see the horror on my friends' faces.

17. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film Mother!

I despise blatant symbolism/allegory in cinema, as by definition (being tropes of literature, of painting) they can't be nothing but underlining and obvious. This empties the film. It's like a dumb, big baby that eats everything around it. I don't want to watch something alluding to something else, I want to watch time, which is the medium of cinema. Aronofsky's mumbo-jumbo side is on show here. Unfocused, ludicrous.

18. Enrico Benarivo's rating of the film Mother!

19. Will's rating of the film Mother!

Unbelievable first half, the ultimate visualisation of extreme anxiety. Second half is a little silly but I guess the logical progression from the first. I refuse to accept the religious analogy because it’s lame as hell.

20. matelot's rating of the film Mother!

21. Carlett Decker's rating of the film Mother!

Brilliant film even if it's sometimes a little too graphic. Daring, personal, thought-provoking. It's not for everyone but for those who want to watch a personal view about our existence, our humanity and how we are here, it feels like a beautiful and painful poem.

22. Audrey's rating of the film Mother!

2,5 - 3 - Pour vrai je sais pas

23. Kanine Keenan's rating of the film Mother!

My favourite film of 2017. Quite unlike anything I've seen before.

24. Samuel Righi's rating of the film Mother!