For en bedre oplevelse på MUBI, opdater din browser.

Bedømmelser & anmeldelser

1. Ghostman's rating of the film Mother!

Darren Aronofsky's 'mother!' is an incredible film, both a scorched-earth styled takedown of religion, society, misogyny, the patriarchy, and humanity on a collective level as well as a caustic and biting commentary on the creative process of artistic invention and idol-worship. I can imagine a great number of viewers being dismayed by this film, it's been awhile since a mainstream American movie was this upsetting.

2. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Mother!

I don't understand why Jennifer Lawrence didn't keep painkillers in the house. No one calls each other "baby" except for straight people. The only thing this gets right about humanity is how horrible poets are. Nancy Meyers will cry when she sees what everybody does to this house. Spoiler: mother! has the same ending as 500 Days of Summer.

3. jenstor's rating of the film Mother!

4.5/5 earth owes us nothing

4. papasnickers's rating of the film Mother!

The more I think about it, the more I like it.

5. Steve Pulaski's rating of the film Mother!

Jennifer Lawrence gives a performance she likely couldn't easily shake in a film many viewers won't easily forget. Darren Aronofsky's "mother!" is a messy look at loving being loved rather than loving a person, with unmistakable insights into gaslighting and the advantage men take of women compounded by misconstrued feelings of power. It's not wholly sound, but certain moments are liable to jolt you to your core.

6. Renton47's rating of the film Mother!

Do you even 2017? If this was getting panned I'd be forced to defend it - as such I'm content admiring with wry remove. Like 2017 it's at once a troll and impossibly sincere, angry and bolstering the anti-humanity flames. At one point I was convinced it was all about the leaked nudes; it is, and more. If only it had disseminated that shade through its tedious lead-up, those ugly close-ups and digital grain leaden.

7. Mcpeer's rating of the film Mother!

If Black Swan and Noah had a baby, it would look a lot like Mother! I say that both as a compliment and critique. I've always been an admirer of Aronofsky's visceral aesthetic, his striking visuals and overwhelming sound design. I believe Aronofsky struggles most when he loses himself in CG and heavy-handed biblical parable. Still, Mother! is an experience - an environmental film that will have you reeling for days.

8. Toprak Coskun Deniz's rating of the film Mother!

9. Nicholas Gregory's rating of the film Mother!

Not emotionally moving due to the initial in-clarity and a cutesy cleverness of allegory, making it a too-playful device, but at least it’s ‘still’ clever. This isn't apparent until the last minutes when reveals show it’s about the creation of life being entwined with the creation of art. As various hang-ups and insecurities of both occur until we see why they are the originator of 'love and hope' in humanity.

10. Evan Schafer's rating of the film Mother!

When a film manages to make you uncomfortable, anxious, disturbed and disgusted all at once... it must be a sign of a film that is, at the least, unusual. mother! is definitely the kind of film that gets under your skin, even though it stands as utterly plotless at its greatest moments. It also has some trouble getting itself going, but with no music score and a very lush photography, this is a winning picture.

11. jxn's rating of the film Mother!

jlaw's incredibly blank acting finds it's purpose in this film because i found myself enthralled and incredibly frustrated in her shoes. also michelle pfeiffer how have you gotten hotter with age?

12. FISCHER's rating of the film Mother!

Un incontestable évènement cinématographique qui nous met en présence d'une insondable médiocrité sans nom et sans âme, sertie d'une vertigineuse et persistante bêtise, non dénuée de quelques prétentions narcissiques qui s'engluent et se cristallisent dans une soi-disant allégorie, un amphigourique symbolisme inutile voire puérile et quelques références cinématographiques incongrues et malhabiles...www.cinefiches.com

13. Ostermyers's rating of the film Mother!

14. hazalil's rating of the film Mother!

15. Andrew Lang's rating of the film Mother!

If you think you've made a film about climate change but nobody watching it realises its a film about climate change, have you made a film about climate change?

16. Daniella Hervert's rating of the film Mother!

17. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film Mother!

18. Giacomo Pozzi's rating of the film Mother!

19. Gioele's rating of the film Mother!

Film che sembra fatto apposta per far discutere. Rimane impresso e il montaggio mi è piaciuto.

1 13 14 15 17 Next →