Bedømmelser & anmeldelser

1. cristodicarta's rating of the film Mother!

2. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Mother!

Movie made entirely out of symbolism

3. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film Mother!

This might be described as Old Testament film making: visceral, capricious and bloodthirsty. It is certainly audacious. Earth is despoiled with increasing violence and we learn nothing from the experience. Aronofsky lays it on with a trowel and then decides that really a spade is required. The viewer may emerge bloodied, bruised but energised by the sheer chutzpah or lie crushed by the weight of metaphor.

4. riraru's rating of the film Mother!

Ihrem Mann völlig ergebene Frau, die ständig kleine Seufzer und Atmer ausstößt, gerät in einen grotesken Strudel von Ereignissen. Dieser Film will zuviel bedeuten.

5. Andre Edge's rating of the film Mother!

6. _sans.soleil_'s rating of the film Mother!

Lars Von Trier 'Antichrist' <3 ARTAUD Théâtre de la cruauté. A pretentious mess?? A regressive allegory: men create art; women, life?? Warning for dating an artist?? I won't hear it and I won't respond to it. This is 1 of the most misunderstood masterpieces of our times and although Aronofsky feels compelled to shovel his biblical interpretation of climate change, visceral art doesn't need to justify itself.

7. Daishi's rating of the film Mother!

8. Brian Trinh's rating of the film Mother!

There are so many ways to interpret this film. literally, symbolically, allegorically. Very rich in imagery and motifs. a slow start builds up into a volcanic eruption.

9. Mahda Purmahdi's rating of the film Mother!

My Review on Letterboxd: https://boxd.it/vcvf5

10. dave gunn's rating of the film Mother!

A relentless onslaught on all of our senses as surreal Biblical horror ravages a house and the couple in it. This film had me tense and uncomfortable the entire time, remaining under my skin for hours after finishing it.

11. Dav I.D.'s rating of the film Mother!

A clever film from a very unabashed Aronofsky. Mother! depends too much on the audience deciphering its symbols to be a captivating literal narrative. And no matter which way you interpret this film, its altogether too desensitizing to leave a lasting emotional imprint. Still, its a daring film that contains real moments of terror and, somehow, makes sense.

12. eberhard's rating of the film Mother!

A Portrait of the Artist.

13. PeterK94's rating of the film Mother!

Boring and pointless from start to finish. Bible references and extended close-ups of Jennifer Lawrence’s face doesn’t make a film deep.

14. Nathan Grey Hollis's rating of the film Mother!

15. Eugene Sit's rating of the film Mother!

The source material sucks too.

16. Øyvind Rype's rating of the film Mother!

...and that's the joke, Aronofsky said.

17. Arf's rating of the film Mother!

18. Carolina Santos's rating of the film Mother!

19. MisterColo93's rating of the film Mother!

20. Phooka's rating of the film Mother!

21. Rustam Chartrand Mendeleev's rating of the film Mother!

22. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Mother!

Bloody mental. Typical of Aronofsky. You'll never want to see it again. Goes from slow-burning thriller to the apocalypse scene in Little Nicky. Yes, the Adam Sandler one.

23. Diderot's rating of the film Mother!

Overblown, bombastic, self-righteous, and pretentious. At about the mid-point, it wanes in interest, regaining it again for punctuated moments. I could do without heavy-handed symbolism, but I ultimately enjoyed sitting through this extended obsession with Jennifer Lawrence.

24. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Mother!

The artist is self-important and impotent. The problem is the nagging wife. He gets her pregnant because that will shut her up, and he's reborn. He is successful again. His fans arrive, and they provide the love he needs. The problem is that she's still so needy. So they beat the crap out of her. The director tries to cloak this as religious allegory. It's another misogynist take on the artist and the muse. cont.