For en bedre oplevelse på MUBI, opdater din browser.

Bedømmelser & anmeldelser

1. Nicholas Gregory's rating of the film Dick Tracy

With exaggerated characters, vivid colors, creative action, and by not losing energy even with story development, Dick Tracy is a pure distillation of comics' essence, down to their emotional broadness by not moving out of melodrama. At only 105 minutes, far shorter than Marvel films and Burton's and Nolan's Batman series, it's swifter and more masterfully executed, if as obtusely told as modern vomit-draft scripts.

2. bryanvmh's rating of the film Dick Tracy

3. The Mayor Of Hell's rating of the film Dick Tracy

One of the most original looking films ever. Admittedly bias because I was 6 when this came out and had every toy. But this a psycho-pop dream world of 1930s gagsterism, Warner Bros, and comic Books. This is an achievement

4. Louis Léonard's rating of the film Dick Tracy

5. Psycoteraphy's rating of the film Dick Tracy

This blow my mind when i was a kid. The art direction and the production design are amazing.

6. PeterK94's rating of the film Dick Tracy

Attempts to adapt the source material by copying the superficial, cartoonish look of the comic but only comes off as awkward. Needed to focus on emulating the comic’s feel, not appearance.

7. ap's rating of the film Dick Tracy

Not even the beautiful production design can save this excruciatingly boring mess.

8. Shantal Abrego's rating of the film Dick Tracy

Los colores lisos y la fotografía, hacen una aproximación entre las pinturas de Edward Hopper y los viejos cartones. Visualmente es perfecta, pero la historia no alcanza a dar nada de sí. Llena de cultura norteamericana.

9. Billy Casper's World's rating of the film Dick Tracy

The great set designs, costumes and cinematography can't save this artificial big budget effort that could've been so much better with less emphasis on style and action and more on substance, grit and storytelling.

10. smndvdcl's rating of the film Dick Tracy

Such a mixed bag of a film which breaks aesthetic ground for comic book adaptations but fails to register on characterisation. Still a fascinating anachronistic curiosity watch nonetheless.

11. Blumes's rating of the film Dick Tracy

a thin blockbuster with endless charm, artifice and song.

12. Alex Holland's rating of the film Dick Tracy

This is a frustrating review, because visually, Dick Tracy is a masterpiece, an insane concoction of colours, makeup, and Art Deco galore. But the story & characters are so wooden/ and the dialogue feels like it wouldn't make it in a weak episode of the 60s Adam West Batman show. The weird thing is I remember liking this as a kid, but now I'm starting to question whether I just payed attention the set design.

13. Moses Lumpkin's rating of the film Dick Tracy

14. Tiago Gonçalves's rating of the film Dick Tracy

"No grief for Lips?" "I'm wearing black underwear."

15. film_lies101's rating of the film Dick Tracy

A very faithful adaptation of the comic strip and a loving homage to 40s WB gangster pictures. Never has artifice been so sublime

16. HKFanatic's rating of the film Dick Tracy

Warren Beatty barely registers in the lead role, Madonna is woefully miscast, Al Pacino devours the scenery like it's his last meal, and yet - I dare say it doesn't matter, for the simple fact that "Dick Tracy" boasts some of the most astounding art direction and production design in the history of cinema. Every frame resembles a comic strip come to life, with primary colors and matte paintings that absolutely pop.

17. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Dick Tracy

18. msmichel's rating of the film Dick Tracy

Technically a triumph with kudos to Richard Sylbert's production design, Milena Canonero's costumes, the cinematography of Vittorio Storaro and the makeup department. Unfortunately performance and story wise it's pretty much a wash out. Beatty made a bland Tracy, Madonna a vacuous Breathless and the rest of the cast let the makeup do the acting save the great Hoffman cameo. Colour never looked so vibrant though.

19. alida!'s rating of the film Dick Tracy

Ok I saw this in the theater back in the day. The costumes and sets are amazing. But, unfortunately, I don't think that Warren Beatty fits the role for Dick Tracy - too pretty boy (yes even at that age), and not enough grit. Mr. Ambivalent. Dick Tracy needs to be a bit starker looks and voice-wise. But a great film visually. Even with Madonna. ;)

20. Joks's rating of the film Dick Tracy

Can't believe all the style freaks gave this such a low mark! Coming to blu-ray this December! Can't wait!

21. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Dick Tracy

a 6/10 my review: http://mubi.com/reviews/24952

22. Z's rating of the film Dick Tracy

Bold and beautiful primary colors splashed across the screen with confident technical virtuosity. The plot and characters have the simple, mythic innocence of a Sunday afternoon comic strip mixed with a marvelous old Hollywood feel. This film is a one-of-a-kind work of visual pop art. Beatty pushed the envelope at that time in terms of creating a fully credible yet wholly stylized world. A summer movie for the ages.

23. hhbjarnason's rating of the film Dick Tracy

Just saw it for the first time. Wow. This was some serious creative work at the time. Like Sin City but instead of special effects simply colors, sceneography, lighting et cetera. Fabulous.

24. TravisSMcClain's rating of the film Dick Tracy

Warren Beatty just won his lawsuit over the film & TV rights to the character, so I'm hoping this means we'll *finally* get his director's cut. I love this movie, from its production design to costumes, from the music to the makeup. And I thought the story was decent and the cast terrific. I even thought Madonna was perfectly cast as Breathless Mahoney.