For en bedre oplevelse på MUBI, opdater din browser.

Bedømmelser & anmeldelser

1. Loud Rocks's rating of the film Girl

2. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Girl

Despite ambitious and perfectly plausible in its complexity, the story could have taken the tension further, never entering into a thought-provoking territory. What I found most interesting here was the father/daughter relationship, while the rest remains standardized and somewhat guessable.

3. NICOLE86's rating of the film Girl

I went into this film knowing about its problematic call out by members of the trans community, and I can see why they are upset and called this film dangerous. The subject and the way it was presented was very cis and felt that the screenwriter didn't really consult the trans community at all when writing this film.

4. Polly Dee's rating of the film Girl

Decent. Content-oriented, so a little disappointed in that sense. Was expecting something more auteurish

5. OFF_FRAME's rating of the film Girl

The fearless, nuanced and utterly vulnerable performance from the lead kept me glued to the screen throughout this timely examination of puberty, sexuality and the assumptions we often make. The dance sequences are raw and it's clear the filmakers built this film as a vehicle for building empathy. 4 stars

6. Tijuana Picnic's rating of the film Girl

7. Annie Gentil-Kraatz's rating of the film Girl

The film follows closely a young transexual transitioning from boy to girl and training as a ballet dancer. The convincing performance by the main actor as `Lara’ is simply mindblowing and the director shows real mastery and understanding of the topic. Impressive and recommended.

8. nadnab's rating of the film Girl

9. Raluca Popescu's rating of the film Girl

10. Luis's rating of the film Girl

Frankly I will not talk about a topic that I don't have the most adequate knowledge but I feel its theme was too generalized in a too dramatic field. I'm not saying it's necessarily bad but perhaps the approach becomes too tragic and unhappy. I understand that it's a drama but I don't know, I'm just not satisfied with that approach. The film isn't bad, it's quite well done but I didn't like the narrative approach.

11. josé neves's rating of the film Girl

"A case of life", filmed as a television report - hand-held camera always chasing the actors to see (show) more, and more - that in the most journalistic (some will call it dramatic) scene, near the end (supposedly the plot climax) finds a formal subtlety, unusual for what until then occurred. Without a cinematic look almost no drama resists/exist and this one is no exception.

12. reiter's rating of the film Girl

13. kaj's rating of the film Girl

This is just bad storytelling

14. astygianelysium's rating of the film Girl

!SPOILERS! "Prove to me you're a girl by showing me your penis." This is the voice of the norm, insecure about gender (because gender is impossible to anchor, even to something as "objective" as sex); hence Lara poses a dire threat to their Symbolic. Lara's act of self-mutilation is also an act of self-determination: her agency is manifest in the negative, "I will be anything but a man." Astonishingly intimate.

15. charlotte suq's rating of the film Girl

la souffrance ne pousse pas toujours des cris. un beau film utile

16. pancake lizard's rating of the film Girl

Social dramas aren't my jam, but the only real flaw in this for me was the overly dramatic final 15 minutes. Great editing, great directing, incredible performance. A loving portrayal of a person with dreams and fears, flaws and contradictions.

17. AugusteB's rating of the film Girl

Ambivalent experience. Somehow the combination of topics: trans, ballet school, single dad family and being in puberty was in itself complex enough and as a mix a bit odd. Even if there was a lot of understanding for Lara's situation, the film showed too many moments of violation, which made me feel uncomfortable.

18. NicoIlGermanico's rating of the film Girl

19. Leonardo Malaguti's rating of the film Girl

20. FISCHER's rating of the film Girl

Premier long métrage d'un jeune réalisateur flamand qui défraya la chronique cannoise et fut encensé dans quelques festivals, dont nous relèverons surtout l'extrême fluidité de la prise de vue et la généreuse prestation de son acteur principal, Victor Polster dont se sont les premiers pas (de danse) au cinéma... www.cinefiches.com

21. Shōten's rating of the film Girl

22. Emma Ikikeiram's rating of the film Girl

23. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Girl

A subtle drama that develops slowly towards an ending that puts all the unexplained into context. Lara is so withdrawn that neither the father, the therapist nor the viewer can access her thoughts. Yet the movie’s not alienating, thanks to the main actor, whose performance is full of details and small gestures and suppressed feelings.

24. António Simão's rating of the film Girl

A wonderful performance from a 16 year old first time actor in a film very well crafted by a first time feature director.