For en bedre oplevelse på MUBI, opdater din browser.

Bedømmelser & anmeldelser

1. Joao Domingues's rating of the film De elskende ved polarcirklen

The search for meaning in the flap of the wings of a butterfly

2. aconeyisland's rating of the film De elskende ved polarcirklen

3. Loz Loory's rating of the film De elskende ved polarcirklen

2.5 Wanted to love this due to the great ratings, but found all the coincidences almost tedious. What rang painfully true was the plaza scene where they completely miss each other. Found the ending tiresome with the multiple inter-titled viewpoints, as though the audience couldn't figure out what happened. Wish Ana and her mother had more scenes, as they were interesting and not unpleasant like Otto and his father.

4. Creighton Blinn's rating of the film De elskende ved polarcirklen

Another reminder of how influential Kieslowski's variations on blind chance were to 90s/early 00s cinema. Still Medem puts his own twist on it.

5. Ella's rating of the film De elskende ved polarcirklen

6. richardm2311's rating of the film De elskende ved polarcirklen

A beautiful exploration of love, perception, and time, I can see why this film is highly regarded. The storytelling never fails to be compelling, the dialogue driving forward with a deft touch for both intimacy and poignancy. The cinematography is, at times, breathtaking, and the soundtrack and sound editing are both evocative and high quality. While moments of melodrama dampen its effect, this is an excellent film.

7. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film De elskende ved polarcirklen

It doesn't quite get the tone right throughout, but this is an enjoyably odd tale of destiny, love, and repeating events. Acting is okay, as is the script, but the best aspect of the movie is the idea at the heart of it.

8. Wee Hunk's rating of the film De elskende ved polarcirklen

Wow is Wow spelled backwards, and upside down Mom.

9. morgancurtis's rating of the film De elskende ved polarcirklen

Good looking film. And a worthwhile experience for those who enjoy being spoon-fed fairytale sentimentality (I sometimes do.). I was expecting some slow-simmered character development and far more life-like complexity in this film for some reason. Guess I wasn't in the mood for what I got.

10. Issy Chan's rating of the film De elskende ved polarcirklen

I hate that I wasted hours of my life watching this poetic melodrama. Once I finally got into it I thought this ain't so bad. Then it ended, like that. Screw you, Medem! Sentimental, but ultimately pointless. 2 stars because I've seen worse.

11. bonny's rating of the film De elskende ved polarcirklen

Love this movie. Love is both a coincidence and a destiny at the same time.

12. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film De elskende ved polarcirklen

For some reason it didn't work. Maybe it was a coincidence...

13. Mouth Breather's rating of the film De elskende ved polarcirklen

Totally fundamental chasing around everything, like the nordic sun which only edges the horizon, never to touch the lake. Eros is a game in this film, whose consequences blossom, multiply, crystallise into southern rains, news broadcasts and plane crashes... all viewers should go out to chase things too... Valiente... ..

14. Holly McGratten's rating of the film De elskende ved polarcirklen

Oddly, the film's style reminded me a little of Wes Anderson - led by narration of protagonist, long pauses over close-ups of facial expression despite being just imagery for the narration (which is no bad choice) and very abrupt scene endings, cut-to's and cutaways. Lovely bit of magic realism. Fast paced and acted brilliantly by each generation of the characters.

15. William R Clark's rating of the film De elskende ved polarcirklen

Wow, this turn-of-the-century faux art house obsession with coincidences is probably worth writing about (end of history, blah blah blah). I mean I can't sit through a single second of it. Because the whole idea is: every action has to be telegraphed and reified, every frame must be pointedly repetitive. Some find it romantic but for me its a big whirlpool of abyssal, meaningless nonsense. Very sorry.

16. Brooke clevinger's rating of the film De elskende ved polarcirklen

This film is about love story’s and heartbreak. Although this film does a great job at showing both heartbreak and love in the sense that it’s real. This film is very beautiful in the story line aspect and in a visual aspect. This film had some really great acting compared to some other films I’ve seen on MUBI.

17. Erik F.'s rating of the film De elskende ved polarcirklen

18. Eeeeeva's rating of the film De elskende ved polarcirklen

A dance for the heart! Vivid characters, committed performances, lovely locations, a gripping romance.

19. Benjamin's rating of the film De elskende ved polarcirklen

"I am going to wait here all the time that's needed. I am waiting for the coincidence of my life. The biggest one". A love story, told in episodes from the point of view of each of its two protagonists. Romantic and very dramatic... the eyes of Najwa Nimri, the music of Alberto Iglesias, the frames and story of Julio Medem... left me breathless!

20. Chris's rating of the film De elskende ved polarcirklen

Couldn't get 5 minutes through, camera control was so exaggerated.

21. goulton green's rating of the film De elskende ved polarcirklen

a wind up. See Mr. Nobody instead.

22. reece's rating of the film De elskende ved polarcirklen

This film is one of my greatest cinema loves.

23. dzg.v's rating of the film De elskende ved polarcirklen

La historia de la película atrapa al poco andar, presentada con una ternura singular. El que esté contada desde dos puntos de vista, sumada a un excelente montaje, le dan dinamismo a la película. Decae un poco en algunos diálogos, los cuales intentan ser profundos, pero se quedan en la pretensión de serlo.

24. tintinmugshot's rating of the film De elskende ved polarcirklen

Too cheesy for my stomach. It takes two stars only for the narrative structure and the great and fast edition.

← Previous 1 3 4