For en bedre oplevelse på MUBI, opdater din browser.

Bedømmelser & anmeldelser

1. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film One Floor Below

Very good slow burn European thriller.

2. Gessica belmiro's rating of the film One Floor Below

Precisam de legenda em português na maioria dos filmes por favor

3. Loz Loory's rating of the film One Floor Below

Great performance by the lead actor. Creepy to watch him try to carry on his business while the passive-aggressive murderer inveigles himself into the family's life. The son's last sleep-talking pronouncement sounds like Patrascu's conscience struggling to be heard.

4. Lorna Singh's rating of the film One Floor Below

A glimpse into Romanian bureaucracy and thought provoking as we wonder how we would react in a similar situation.

5. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film One Floor Below

An enjoyable slow burn thriller/drama that plays out a bit like a cross between Blow Up and any number of intimate World Cinema offerings. The central characters are nicely realised, as is the whole core of the premise, and the script serves both the cast and the ideas being explored very well.

6. Steve5by5's rating of the film One Floor Below

An intriguing idea that never quite catches fire. Great lead performance but the film as a whole just needed that little bit more for me.

7. Slappy McGee's rating of the film One Floor Below

A wonderful character study in the guise of a murder thriller. A strong lead performance that pulls us in each and every scene. A fascinating dive into a man's psyche who sits on a dark secret. His reasoning seems to be his own and yet... it is pure and simple at its base. Very humanistic in many ways. Also contains, one of the more realistic fight scenes that I have seen in some time. Very strong work all around.

8. captainfez's rating of the film One Floor Below

All the mystery of an unseen murder with all the fun of renewing your car registration.

9. Superfrog's rating of the film One Floor Below

The idea of the tensions when something very dodgy happens with your next floor neighbour happens is interesting. The film, in a slow exploration of this twisted normality fails at really getting something more out of it, as far as I am concerned.

10. John Burgess's rating of the film One Floor Below

I am with Marcus Killerby's review on this one. This is hardly original stuff ("Rear Window"? Really?), painfully slow & dull as ditchwater. One or two redeeming facets - I thought the boy's insomnia was a nice touch - but on the whole, not worth the time. A slice of life gone bad in the fridge.

11. Victor W's rating of the film One Floor Below

A classic suspense movie at its finest, but with a twist of hard realism. This film capitalized the drama and tension throughout the film keeping it discreetly constant. Although the dialogue and cinematography effects lacked dominance, the story line leveled it out as this film built into a devastating figure of a weak man and weak society which have both steered clear from morality.

12. James Faketty's rating of the film One Floor Below

"One Floor Below" is a very realistic movie, but I think it's too realistic. I usually don't mind slow films, but when there's about 3 minutes of anything happening in a one hour and thirty minute film, it gets a little too boring. I liked the story, but the set up for what was actually going on was very weak. I knew the "twist" right from the start, and was waiting in anticipation for a climax that hardly happened.

13. Slow Immersion's rating of the film One Floor Below

14. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film One Floor Below

15. malachiesipucheala94's rating of the film One Floor Below

16. Cláudio Martins da Silva Alves's rating of the film One Floor Below

A minuciously realist portrait of the suffocating impact of inaction and silence in the face of a moral crisis. Corban’s masterclass in economic expressiveness and almost imperceptible telegraphy of internal conflict is amazing, as is Muntean’s careful escalation of tension through the use of quiet mundane observation. Still, the screenplay is quite inconsequential and the characters are strangely under-realized.

17. Cristian Necsulescu's rating of the film One Floor Below

Amorph in grey density; the mindfulness trap. And then - the Mother Night

18. alice's rating of the film One Floor Below

While in my opinion not his best work, i found the movie to be a true piece of real life story - the kind Romanian new wave cinema is so good at. The long scenes shot with the smallest detail allow the audience to get into the story, and try to get into the head of the main character. We are voyeurs and the tension is truly there, reminding of Hitchocock's "Rear window".

19. Carl Penguin's rating of the film One Floor Below

romanian movies are stupid and are executed without imagination.

20. Sorina En.'s rating of the film One Floor Below

I'm fed up with the New Romanian Wave. Couldn't we just get over it?

21. Jason's rating of the film One Floor Below

This is some crisp, slow-burn Geroges Simenon shit. Scrupulous. This lead: Teodor Corban. Total everyman, total gravitas. I love these Romanian films for the way they deal so bemusedly in bureaucracy, post-communist institutionality, and authority flouting. This will appeal to fans of Chabrol and Tavernier.

22. Loud Rocks's rating of the film One Floor Below

23. Kamran's rating of the film One Floor Below

Review published at Next Projection While the film may momentarily captivate or impress, it never truly feels complete. Read full review: http://nextprojection.com/2015/09/27/viff-one-floor-slow-burn-suspense/

24. Ligia Prodan's rating of the film One Floor Below

The color grading was stunning.