Bedømmelser & anmeldelser

1. Aida's rating of the film Querelle

the penis as a weapon, knives as a means of dalliance, sex as a horrifying impulse inflicted upon man. this movie is a miracle of self-loathing.

2. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Querelle

Fassbinder's swan song might be the gayest movie ever made and one of his most personal.

3. Aardsy's rating of the film Querelle

Queer fever dream SOUTH PACIFIC without songs.

4. Desjarlais's rating of the film Querelle

Amazing use of lighting, color, and atmosphere.

5. Psycoteraphy's rating of the film Querelle

The ultimate sailor man movie

6. SonOfRambow's rating of the film Querelle

Gorgeous set design and lighting. This is Fassbinder's most artful film and among the most erotic films of all time.

7. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Querelle

A Tom of Finland painting come to life.

8. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Querelle

"Querelle" was a cold unerotic experience for me, but then again I am more a follower of Jeanne Moreau's dirty talk than Brad Davis anyway. The sweaty, frank sexscene was hard to see. It is a very good-looking film but the nice package lacks a heart. I find it an interesting companion piece to "Salo" though another "last film directed by a controversial director" in a sex fantasy homo-erotic S&M fever dream.

9. Europudding's rating of the film Querelle

I was a little confused by it but I loved the artifice and eroticism. The best gay fantasias are those that revel in artifice. I watched the German dub because the English dub was rather flat.

10. Mauro Pagano's rating of the film Querelle

Alla fine portare Genette al cinema non è così facile e Fassbinder ci riesce discretamente ma mi sono annoiato

11. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Querelle

Genet’s lyric prose is difficult to translate to the screen, and not even Fassbinder manages to do it. There’s the cheesy Lieutenant talking to the tape recorder, and a rather akward voiceover (but the text screens worked for me splendidly). Yet Fassbinder managed to create a wonderful mix of theatrics and cinema, a colourful extravaganza that is visually more impressive than anything he ever did.

12. petit astronaute's rating of the film Querelle

13. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Querelle

2-3. For better or worse, it's a lot like 'The Romance of the Rose', in the way that characters will launch into long poetic tangents. Granted, that gives it the same issues as something like Bakemonogatari, in that the meat is overexposed by dialogue. But I'd be lying if I said that, and the wooden acting, didn't add a certain je ne sais quoi to the otherworldly alien, yet visceral, atmosphere of the movie.

14. ap's rating of the film Querelle

15. Kadjavsi's rating of the film Querelle

16. Rustam Chartrand Mendeleev's rating of the film Querelle

17. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Querelle

I love the artificiality of it, the fetish and all the costumes. It's like a musical, with choreographed fight scenes. Some of the acting is flat, but the VO is good.

18. Balthaz21's rating of the film Querelle

19. Juan Javier's rating of the film Querelle

20. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Querelle

21. captainfez's rating of the film Querelle

Now That's What I Call Bromance, 1982 edition.

22. Tutu888's rating of the film Querelle

Despite te craftmanship of Fassbinder this feels more like Village People the movie. How can a gay director produce such a cliche movie about homosexuals? O course, as in almost all of Fassbinder's work, colours and camera are outstanding. But this cannot save this movie from being ridiculous.

23. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Querelle

I remember this being a lot naughtier the first time I saw it a few years back. Still, Brad Davis is...

24. Cinemaficionado's rating of the film Querelle

The perfect ending to Fassbinder. A gay fantasy with the glamour of a Hollywood musical and the heart of an intimate melodrama. And it's fucking weird.