Bedømmelser & anmeldelser

♥I'm fishing sound♥

3. mávros skýlos's rating of the film Ryuichi Sakamoto: Coda

4. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Ryuichi Sakamoto: Coda

5. Duarte Ferreira's rating of the film Ryuichi Sakamoto: Coda

A totally heartfelt and moving portrait of a man who embodies everything that's at the core of making music. In some ways, he is the piano that survived the tsunami. He is the peacefulness and conflict that is interweaved in people, nature, industry, all and everything. He is imagination and wonder. He is fear and tension. He is music.

6. Renton47's rating of the film Ryuichi Sakamoto: Coda

I can offer vague defences of its sporadic use of archival footage to suggest a narrative where environment becomes essential to his music (perhaps emboldened by cinema). Asynch is gorgeous, it’s a treat to see him build the songs with a belief in atonality in opposition to passivity/taming nature. It’s otherwise wishy washy and too safe. 2.5

7. mazinnecker's rating of the film Ryuichi Sakamoto: Coda

Beautiful imagery and beautiful music accompany this chapter in Ryuichi Sakamoto's artistic journey.

8. ruthysolano17's rating of the film Ryuichi Sakamoto: Coda

9. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film Ryuichi Sakamoto: Coda

Very good, as was expected. I like its fragmentary, thoughtful nature, and its attention to sound, especially. Plus the fact that Sakamoto is not painted as some hallowed guru-genius; i.e. of course he is a genius, but he's not a thing of worship. The deal here is more like one of mutual appreciation for sound, for nature, for music.

10. msmichel's rating of the film Ryuichi Sakamoto: Coda

A reflective, somber and moving examination of Ryuichi Sakamoto's composing of a new chorale piece after being treated for Stage 3 cancer while also reflecting on his previous work and legacy. The passion for music and creation is evident throughout as is his intent on making ecological and political contribution. Sakamoto has composed some of the most beautiful film scores of all time (Sheltering Sky/Last Emperor).

11. neide alves silva's rating of the film Ryuichi Sakamoto: Coda

12. arugula's rating of the film Ryuichi Sakamoto: Coda

this is an insightful glimpse at Ryuichi Sakamoto's humbly political approach to music.

13. Nicole's rating of the film Ryuichi Sakamoto: Coda

Two things I took from this Sakamoto got the documentary on his life he deserved, and this only enhances appreciation from anyone who loves his music, a.k.a sane people with good taste AND The Revenant and Solaris are two films partially about going down memory lane, both the good and the bad. Same with Sakamoto looking back as well as forward with this life.

14. antonio9331's rating of the film Ryuichi Sakamoto: Coda

This film maked me think of sound, music, vibrations & life from an deeply familiar perspective. Ryuichi is an amazing artist who’s talent and life was a joy to witness. Amazing work from Stephen and everyone involved. Spoiler* The final scene where Ryuichi is playing in his studio nearly brought me to tears. In that song I envisioned and entire film. I hope Ryuichi is healthy & still playing everyday.

15. bodhishin's rating of the film Ryuichi Sakamoto: Coda

Incredible artist and musician whose ears are closely drawn to nature on a John Cage level. His comments often seem naturally poetic which will likely surprise and move you. The story is primarily about his artistic process and creativity. After viewing, you will likely become more compelled to take in and notice your surroundings, lest you miss something. Is that the sound of water hitting my paint can?!

16. OFF_FRAME's rating of the film Ryuichi Sakamoto: Coda

Seeing Sakamoto's face light up with pure spontaneous joy during his creative process is reward enough here. Great stuff! 4.5 stars

17. keltikdancer's rating of the film Ryuichi Sakamoto: Coda

How generous with his time is Mr Sakamoto. He welcomes us into his world of creation with grace and patience. He really is one of the most creative musicians in the world today. This is a brilliant portrait of the man and his music. Thank you!

18. thelastronaut's rating of the film Ryuichi Sakamoto: Coda

Gorgeous. Music for the mind's eye. Such a perfectly made portrait documentary. Its success comes from the mood and pacing of the film matching Sakamoto's personality and music. And it is the mark of a good documentary on a musician in that afterwards you wish to buy all the musician's work!

19. chris_klimovski's rating of the film Ryuichi Sakamoto: Coda

Great intro into Ryuichi’s world. Cinematic and moving, although some full performances dragged a little for me.

20. Xphilo Liranzo's rating of the film Ryuichi Sakamoto: Coda

Interesting documentary. It depicts the creative process of a very sensitive artist.

21. OLIVER-J's rating of the film Ryuichi Sakamoto: Coda

an inspiring, reflective portrait of a musical genius and his creative process.

22. easypz's rating of the film Ryuichi Sakamoto: Coda

Sensitive structure conveys the spirit of the man. I appreciate that the filmmaker took care to avoid an artificial design to impose a POV. Instead, the structure discovers the subject in a way harmonious with his own intuitive, yet rigorous musical process. It helps us know the artist by simulating his own experience, creating a subtle intimacy. Lovely.

23. chris schmidt's rating of the film Ryuichi Sakamoto: Coda

This movie is absolutely beautiful and inspiring. What a gift.

24. Junichi Kakizaki's rating of the film Ryuichi Sakamoto: Coda

This is an important consciousness for the coexistence of nature and humans, along with that it sounds alarm bells on the various growth problems of human growth process and the endless development of human society and nature, and its variability It is. Just as sound is an essential element of music, Mr. Sakamoto's existence is a work that makes me feel as an indispensable element of my life.