Bedømmelser & anmeldelser

1. Bilouaustria's rating of the film Sully

I was at first reluctant to watch it because i have not much sympathy for Eastwood. That being said, it reminded me of some of Javier Cercas novels, on what we make of heroism and how history is being written. Sully is a character directly coming from Hawks (or Michael Mann if you will) : an american, that is to say a professional, who does his job with care and precision. The rest i call invasive storytelling.

2. dionysus67's rating of the film Sully

One has to separate the pragmatic professional ethic (correctly pointed out by another reviewer) from the dispatching way with which Eastwood delivers this patriotic film. Hagiographical, with countless stereotypes (Linney's housewife, Eckhart's faithful subordinate, the iron bureaucrats who get to see 'truth'), it is, ironically, Hollywood at its most simulated, lacking authorship even by Eastwood's own criteria.

3. Alex Mitici's rating of the film Sully

4. Samuel Righi's rating of the film Sully

5. HKFanatic's rating of the film Sully

"Can we get serious now?" Clint Eastwood's ode to professional pragmatism. The unconventional structure works wonderfully here (another way to subvert biopic cliches), and I'm not sure if I've ever enjoyed Tom Hanks more onscreen. What came as a surprise - but in hindsight shouldn't have - is that, in so many ways, "Sully" is really a film about 9/11. Here that collective horror is transfigured into collective hope.

6. Laura G.'s rating of the film Sully

Skyler where's the car wash?

7. Duarte Lima's rating of the film Sully

I watched it by accident... was not pleased...

8. Arf's rating of the film Sully

9. alfredodimalo's rating of the film Sully

10. Eric Ortiz García's rating of the film Sully

11. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film Sully

Moving but brilliant - Tom & Clint worked together pretty well on this one, yet some of us still might remember the day this happened.

12. RumbleFish's rating of the film Sully

Riflessione delicata e intelligente sull'importanza delle procedure (lo studio dei disastri aerei/ambientali e come impostarne la prevenzione è centrale nella psicologia del lavoro). Tom Hanks più che mai da sposare

13. rusnėja's rating of the film Sully

ohhh, ridiculous, flat and just bad on so many levels.

14. Cosi's rating of the film Sully

15. giovanni's rating of the film Sully

16. Lance L O T's rating of the film Sully

It's a good depiction of what rel life can be and what heroism can turn you into. The acting is very good and the direction takes the most of the actors and of a special story. As I see it there is only one problem with it. There's not enough plot to last for a normal film, and that's why it is rather short and it could be even shorter if some scenes were less explored. But it's good...

17. Diderot's rating of the film Sully

The ending makes me cringe a bit with its kitschiness but, as a film about problem-solving and concrete response, it's worth a watch.

18. Francisca Rosendo Silva's rating of the film Sully

Enjoyed the movie but it's repetitive

19. Sean Patrick Stevens's rating of the film Sully

Tom Hanks gave such an understated yet powerful performance it made me wish he could trade in his Gump Oscar for this which is the superior one.

20. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Sully

Clint Eastwood is all about hovering a lens over the emotional plight of the blue-collar hero in a compelling way. Sully is no exception to these tendencies, and overall it's worth a watch for the fresh perspective of a widely known incident in our recent American media history. I felt the use of extended flashbacks weakened my willingness to be attentive to the present timeline of the story.

21. Myles's rating of the film Sully

This is the worst movie I've seen this year. Hammy acting, dead January light, Tom Hanks coasting on his likability. Clint, get help or stop.

22. audipras's rating of the film Sully

Brilliant performance from Tom Hanks, and really makes you feel that you were there on the site of incident. It's a must watch movie if you're looking for a disaster movie.

23. pluviosity's rating of the film Sully

it already is a great story, and almost no need for a backstory, let alone dramatizing any aspect of it, and Clint Eastwood seems to fidgeting too much about this part--because in the end, none of it attached.

24. HenriqueA's rating of the film Sully

I am not a fan of Eastwood's directorial style and I can only endure a certain quota of unsubtle American patriotism. That said, the film was mercifully short, Tom Hanks was great, the procedural aspect was very thin on melodramatic bullshit and the repetition of the accident was actually a great immersing experience. Sully is a solid and highly rewatchable film and I say that about almost none of Eastwood's work.

← Previous 1 3 4 5