Bewertungen & Beurteilungen

1. Charlotte Hafner's rating of the film 2001: Odyssee im Weltraum

A masterpiece. One of the most technically, narratively, and aesthetically stunning films ever made. I discover something new with each time I watch it.

2. Victoria Garcia's rating of the film 2001: Odyssee im Weltraum

One of the greatest, experimental, and epic science fiction film. The movie that changed movies, and started a new way of both creating films and watching them.

3. Drew Gibbs's rating of the film 2001: Odyssee im Weltraum

The finest film of one of the world's finest directors. Kubrick masterfully shows the sci fi genre isn't totally out of the realm of possibility with masterful effects and tangible tension. HAL remains one of films most notorious villains and his presence is fealt without a line being spoken. Every film in the genre that followed 2001 has tried to replicate what Kubrick created.

4. Daniel Lubitsky's rating of the film 2001: Odyssee im Weltraum

This film combined cutting edge technology and effects with a groundbreaking story that changed the way science fiction movies were told forever. It was a fantastic and extremely realistic depiction of the future that had an immense amount of effort put into it. Kubrick's masterful control of the camera and his distinct vision made one of the greatest movies that will ever be made.

5. Shay McAteer's rating of the film 2001: Odyssee im Weltraum

Certainly visionary for its time with absolutely unbelievable attention to detail, especially with respect to the set design, and a cautionary, ahead of its time plot. However, the plot isn't revolutionary by today's standards (even if it once was) and it feels a little long. The ending is what really lets the film down though and is a massive anti-climax to what should be an almost 3-hour epic.

6. Jo Ferreira's rating of the film 2001: Odyssee im Weltraum

Man, I wish I had been born before the 60s so I could watch this when it came out, especially to see it in the movie theater.

7. Aprilia Gunawan's rating of the film 2001: Odyssee im Weltraum

Most likely not the most original commentaries. Immensely thought-provoking and way ahead of its time, especially in terms of production design. An ambition well paid-off with the aid of the music direction, highlighting every emotion existed within this masterpiece; special mention goes to Karajan's Also Sprach Zarathustra that brought out eerie-ness I never thought existed.

8. alessandrofarris001's rating of the film 2001: Odyssee im Weltraum

This goes beyond cinema: this is a mind-altering experience.

9. Ştefan Ristea's rating of the film 2001: Odyssee im Weltraum

10. Eric Rucker's rating of the film 2001: Odyssee im Weltraum

I loved the last triptych panel as much as I detested the execution of 1st. Put me in the Playtime-Solaris camp. This is interesting and adventurous but massively overrated. Too many fanboys out there can’t move beyond spectacle, won’t struggle with art, poetry, the folding and forging of idea and form and medium into an indissoluble thing, a touchstone for philosophy, for truth and heart, for our actual evolution.

11. Dada Kubin's rating of the film 2001: Odyssee im Weltraum

I saw 2001 from a new 70mm film copy, and my goodness was it gorgeous. I can only think of a bunch of inadequate adjectives which can’t grasp the experience. An audio-visual bliss, I guess. Despite being rather 60s/70s in its aesthetics, 2001 feels timeless, like it’s inside a time loop that connects different points in time to one. Which is what the movie also does, of course. Waltz with a space ship.

12. liquid dawn's rating of the film 2001: Odyssee im Weltraum

perfect in every aspect. (still) the best sci-fi film ever

13. lauraalpinto's rating of the film 2001: Odyssee im Weltraum

[081218] três estrelas pela estética lindíssima do filme e graças aos SFX, tendo em conta o ano de lançamento. de resto, not my kind of movie.

14. Semaj Productions's rating of the film 2001: Odyssee im Weltraum

Stanley Kubrick was a master filmmaker, and no one should be able to reasonably argue with that, and 2001 gave a lot to the world of science fiction. But it's also way too long, extremely boring and it's ending is lost so far up it's own ass that it can probably taste stomach acid. I like what this film wanted to do, but the result is not nearly as deep as it thinks it is. Age has not been kind to this one.

15. Malt Frisky's rating of the film 2001: Odyssee im Weltraum

I'm not sure what intimidates me more, the red light A.I. that's become self aware or the giant black domino that turns up everywhere. I can't imagine what drug fuelled cinema goers in the 60's though about watching this on the big screen and coming up watching the final act of this film, a high they'll never reach again, it's a feeling you can't describe but simply marvel act the sci-fi cinematography space opera.

16. Camille Franche's rating of the film 2001: Odyssee im Weltraum

17. El Biffo's rating of the film 2001: Odyssee im Weltraum

Rewatched this for the first time in 50 years, and so glad to be able to see it at the Pacific Film Archive, a cathedral for Cinema. I saw The Shining for the first time a couple of months ago, and couldn't help but notice so many similarities, visually and thematically. 4.5*

18. Vytautas Abromaitis's rating of the film 2001: Odyssee im Weltraum

Giant effort, the only thing that’s missing is the soul.

19. christina.brem's rating of the film 2001: Odyssee im Weltraum

Основная мысль фильма-постоянное стремление человека к постижению еще непознанного.сердцем фильма является «понятие Бога».Бог предстает здесь не в узнаваемом виде седобородого старца, а в виде геометрически совершенных фигур (черные монолиты Финальный кадр -человеческий зародыш в космическом пространстве-символ того, что человечество находится только на начальной стадии развития, познания внутр и внешнего космоса.

20. pluviosity's rating of the film 2001: Odyssee im Weltraum

All the realistic space-tech portrayal, and that was even *before* the moon landing. Yep, Stanley Kubrick is an alien.

21. Zak.HunterGilbert's rating of the film 2001: Odyssee im Weltraum

22. justadele's rating of the film 2001: Odyssee im Weltraum

Effets spéciaux ++ pour l'époque bien qu'avec une vision plus moderne on puisse les critiquer. La projection au cinéma le rend vraiment spectaculaire, surtout en 70MM.

23. Matthew Martens's rating of the film 2001: Odyssee im Weltraum

I can feel it. Your mind is going. Specifically--and very, very slowly--to the entelechy at the end of the brainblow. Where would we be now had HAL beaten us to it? And with it?

24. Raphael Schulze-Schilddorf's rating of the film 2001: Odyssee im Weltraum

Not just Kubricks best, but best overall. My favorite film of all time