Bitte aktualisiere deinen Browser um MUBI optimal nutzen zu können.

Bewertungen & Beurteilungen

1. Adam Metwally's rating of the film Das Gesicht in der Menge

Sometimes it feels like this film wants to be Citizen Kane, and after all was said and done, I admit I felt underwhelmed. The ending could have been better and the film could have benefited from more touches of style and auteurship. But as it is, this film blows Idiocracy, Thank You For Smoking, Sunset Boulevard, and Network out of the water.

2. steeeeellaaaaa (Iulia N)'s rating of the film Das Gesicht in der Menge

damn, I almost forgot why I loved Kazan and then I saw this <3

3. thelastronaut's rating of the film Das Gesicht in der Menge

One of the most American movies ever made. A biting criticism of the intersection of politics and entertainment as well as a commentary on the dirtiest four letter f-word in the English language: fame.

4. wiwitaek's rating of the film Das Gesicht in der Menge

Let's compare this movie and biopics. I have watched several biopics and none of them have this complexity, but, the story of it, it just doesn't feel hurried or forced. It just happens and matched.

5. Jugu Abraham's rating of the film Das Gesicht in der Menge

Wonderful original screenplay by Budd Schulzberg and good performances by the leads. Good film that explores the power of the media on the same lines as Billy Wilder's "Ace in the Hole" made 6 years prior to this work. Only difference was the two films dealt with different media.

6. FISCHER's rating of the film Das Gesicht in der Menge

Une oeuvre solide et dénonciatrice ! www.cinefiches.com

7. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Das Gesicht in der Menge

Alongside Idiocracy and Southland Tales, A Face in the Crowd is THE film that prefigured the rise of Trump as President of the United States (sic). Too bad Kazan could not deliver a convincing ending.

8. Aardsy's rating of the film Das Gesicht in der Menge

Andy Griffith and Patricia Neal give it their all.

9. SpacePirate's rating of the film Das Gesicht in der Menge

Griffith gives a powerhouse performance here. How he kept from being typecast as a villain after this one is beyond me...Spellbinding.

10. -REM-'s rating of the film Das Gesicht in der Menge

11. Blumes's rating of the film Das Gesicht in der Menge

12. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Das Gesicht in der Menge

13. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Das Gesicht in der Menge

Severely underrated. This should have walked home with dozens of Oscars. Dozens I say! It didn't get nominated for any Oscars. Andy Griffith knocked it out of the park, as did Patricia Neal. Sometimes when you hold up a mirror to society it frightens people. Marlon Brando was nominated for that embarrassment called 'Sayonara'. Lana Turner was nominated for that soap opera 'Peyton Place'. What a world!

14. ramosbarajas's rating of the film Das Gesicht in der Menge

This film provides a biting commentary of the television industry for its supposed lack of substance, and it's interesting to see the same point of view from so early in history.

15. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Das Gesicht in der Menge

16. teresa romã's rating of the film Das Gesicht in der Menge

17. Chuck Vollers's rating of the film Das Gesicht in der Menge

Insulting crap. We're supposed to look down on Lonesome Rhodes due to his contempt for his audience, because he thinks they're idiots, but Schulberg's script and Kazan's direction work so hard to unsubtly spell out every single meaning that I can't help but feel that they think we're idiots as well. Outstanding animalistic performance from Griffith though. He could have played Jekyll and Hyde.

18. Tony Stark's rating of the film Das Gesicht in der Menge

Motogringo - the description gives away the entire Simpsons episode with Gabbo as well. Oh well, I'll watch this movie anyway, just to see Matlock as Gabbo: "All the kids in Springfield are S.O.B.s."

19. Joe Fontes's rating of the film Das Gesicht in der Menge

20. Minu's rating of the film Das Gesicht in der Menge

Height of megalomania at a time when newspapers, radio and television were discovered as powerful manipulation tools. Patricia Neal is to be remembered for her acting.

21. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film Das Gesicht in der Menge

Wow, wow, wow... Better than Network and Meet John Doe. Great masterpiece, especially first one hour and the final (unfortunately final is too long. Reminds me of Scarface and Sunset Blvd, of course LOTR: Return of the King style!). "Behind every successful man there's a woman". This is my third Patricia Neal movie and third is a masterpiece, again. She is gorgeous. I adore her. Black Mirror fans must see this movie.

22. Winrit's rating of the film Das Gesicht in der Menge

An awesome performance by Andy Griffith and a mesmerizing movie.

23. HP Hovercraft's rating of the film Das Gesicht in der Menge

24. tony1990's rating of the film Das Gesicht in der Menge

A vastly underrated film to say the least. I never anticipated this curb ball of a masterpiece to hit me the way it did, especially due to its obscurity. An embodiment of the word prescient. "Network" before "Network."