Bitte aktualisiere deinen Browser um MUBI optimal nutzen zu können.

Bewertungen & Beurteilungen

1. Vic Alexandre-Dorléac's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

“But when we're together, we must be nice to each other. Otherwise, life's not worth living.” Here we are, 46 years later, and Fassy's films still resonate. People are shit, happiness is temporary, loneliness is constant, but love is forever. A cinematic statement of the human condition. Thank you, Rainer.

2. Santiago Delgado's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

Amazing and realistic film! It is timeless! How it portraits so well and directly the xenophobia against the arabic people in Germany. I mean, think about it. The screenplay was completely invented? It has no foundation on daily life? Lastly, in my opinion the film has multiple messages and intentions that need to be cautiously "digested".

3. Psycoteraphy's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

3.5 This have some really touching scenes but not in a silly way. My problem is how Fassbinder's portraits racism in post-nazi germany, it feels like i was watching a comedy, and maybe i'm. Barbara Valentin deserves to be on the podium of amazing women in film, I love her.

4. angelicidea's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

This is the essence of filmmaking. How to convey an experience perfectly with minimal dialogue.

5. diiiiogorocha's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

It really annoyed me for various reasons, first one is obvious, the people can be so stupid and this movie reminds you of that. Second, why is everyone on this movie asking for drinks and then leaving without even touching them? Is that a thing in German?

6. tidal waif's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

I am not sure I like Fassbinder('s professorial airs)

7. guillermo's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

Pure RWF hardcore. Strong story about prejudice. Rough told. Full of sound and fury, you can sense both if you let the scenes flow. This film is about the politics of being human, about how mean can we be, just like most of RWF films.

8. orlando.'s rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

the only flaw in this film was fassbinder's unwillingness to show emmi as a sexual person, an older woman with erotic desire--ali is given nude shots & sex scenes. otherwise a beautiful film about how love can lift one 1 out of the stress & isolation of labor but also in2 its own pitfalls

9. Dav I.D.'s rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

Its all downhill for Mr. Ali when he starts looking for couscous in Germany.

10. Marach Adipalin's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

Alone together... In the most profound way...

11. Saaam's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

12. MONSIEURDE's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

13. dionysus67's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

This is Fassbinder's genius in what could be the most accomplished stylistically and astute sociologically filmic exegesis of xenophobia and human resilience. The Brechtean processes generate those alienation devices that are sufficient for self-reflection and the Hopper-like sets and colors are augmented by amazing vertical mise-en-scène (the shots on the stairs) to instill to every frame a rarely matched openess.

14. Petra Simmons's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

This was when RWF was just starting to really trust his own genius at birthing whole these not films but lush layered inter-referential cinematic units. Which in his social critiques is like, Sirk via Brecht, but intersectional (i.e. whole). Mira & Ben Salem are nuanced dramatists; supporting cast more like perfect signifiers. The whole thing’s beautiful. As arch/scathing as tragic/true This is how you do homage! 4.5

15. nikolasminas's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

16. MisterColo93's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

17. pintobean's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

My first Fassbinder and I'm still feeling it, a wonderful homage to Sirk that I think surpasses the original with its handling of racial tension. The xenophobia feels increasingly relevant in todays world.

18. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

19. sfdgdfggsggsogfgs's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

20. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

21. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

Fassbinder’s upgrade on “All That Heaven Allows”, a love affair between an older cleaning lady and a younger Arab immigrant, and face expected Xenophobia and societal rejection. Brave, bold, tragic but perhaps the most hopeful and ultimately uplifting from the inherently tormented director.

22. Rocco's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

As my first Fassbinder, I think as of yet I lack the context and knowledge to judge this film accurately, though I did enjoy it. Two sparkling performances in a stiffly theatrical work packed with moments of sly framing but few beautiful images.

23. Trailblazer, LLC.'s rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

One of a kind. Beautifully simple, yet powerful. Vibrant cinematography. Not a fan of the ending...

24. Ethan's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

This film is one of Fassbinder's greatest achievements. A true masterpiece that truly shows the agony of love and how society does not want to accept what it doesn't like or doesn't understand.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7