Bewertungen & Beurteilungen

1. Amante Salazar's rating of the film Ballet mécanique

Kung uugatin, marahil ay malaking hakbang ang pelikulang ito sa pag-eksperimento hinggil sa biswalidad at musika ng pelikula. May hipnotismo sa galaw ng mga imahe at epileptikong tunog. Isang hamon sa kombensyonal na pelikula: kung paano makalilikha ng simponya ng poetikong imahe/n at musika (pure cinema, bansag nga), at tagumpay ang mga manlilikha sa kolaborasyong ito.

2. SonOfRambow's rating of the film Ballet mécanique

3. romanteyl's rating of the film Ballet mécanique

4. Kuja's rating of the film Ballet mécanique

Machine Esthetic (apud Alfred Barr chart, MoMA)

5. grotesc's rating of the film Ballet mécanique

6. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Ballet mécanique

4.5 stars. Just amazingly clear-sighted, inventive and altogether captivating. It works startlingly well, in my opinion, watched soundtracked to 'Aumgn' by Can from Tago Mago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQa3_DE1Lf0

7. Milly Hampton's rating of the film Ballet mécanique

8. MisterColo93's rating of the film Ballet mécanique

9. SchizOphelia's rating of the film Ballet mécanique

Feel a little bit of Godard in it

10. Elena's rating of the film Ballet mécanique

11. Aardsy's rating of the film Ballet mécanique

I'm officially freaking the hell out!!

12. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Ballet mécanique

Seems to hint at intrusion, invasion - bodies both human and machine fuming under extreme duress. A foundational example of image assaulting emotion, reason, and taste - from this perspective, it's pretty clear this film added tools to the filmmaking toolkit.

13. FISCHER's rating of the film Ballet mécanique

Comme souvent dans la fantasmagorique panoplie du cinéma expérimental, on peut être subjugué par le déferlement sauvage et pulsionnel d'images qui réveillent des substrats de l'imaginaire et de l'inconscient ou tout simplement indifférent, hermétique, non concerné par le défilement anarchique et inconséquent des images... www.cinefiches.com

14. Crina Cătălina Bucur's rating of the film Ballet mécanique

(2.5) Trippy and somewhat interesting, but it kinda tests your patience. Mine failed so I skipped through it. Too long for such an experiment in my opinion, but I am granting an extra 0.5 for it being an early piece. Maybe another watch some other time.

15. namsai k.'s rating of the film Ballet mécanique

maybe i subscribed to mubi to discover something like this ?

16. fearraigh's rating of the film Ballet mécanique

An arresting Dada curiosity that can't help but feel dated (a bit heavy on the kaleidoscope). Still, there are some brilliant effects in it, particularly the cross-cutting of the old and young women, not to mention the portrayal of machinery, which underlines Welles' view that cinema was the greatest toy train set a man could ever have.

17. katerpink's rating of the film Ballet mécanique

Dadaism, there are no rules. The title counterposes with images - ballet has nothing in common with machines and sharpness. How our lives are more and more repetitive. Disturbing music. Not for epileptics, though.

18. Herman Witkam's rating of the film Ballet mécanique

I'm not sure who composed the score to the version shown on Mubi, as the score is a total cacophony, rendering this film totally unwatchable. It's a shame that this composer was so full of shit, as some great imagery is shown.

19. AVA's rating of the film Ballet mécanique

Entgegen jeder Vorstellung tatsächlich ein Balett.Ein Eckiges.

20. Gustavo Herrera Taboada's rating of the film Ballet mécanique

The images and the rhythm create an electrifying concoction of a film. Proves narratives are inessential to make cinematic art.

21. Ekaterina Chernyaeva's rating of the film Ballet mécanique

Incredibly important work in the history of cinema, video and art. I wonder if we find more meaningful details in this work than it was consciously meant to be.

22. OrfgenT's rating of the film Ballet mécanique

Ein heute noch beeindruckender Film. Welch verstörende u. faszinierende Wirkung er 1924 gehabt haben muss! - das Zusammenspiel von Ton u. Bild, das Repetitive, das Kaleidoskopartige, die Bewegung und Geschwindigkeit. / Even today a breathtaking impres. film. Which distressing and fascinating effect he must have had 1924! - the interaction of tone and picture, the repetitive, the kaleidoscopic, the movement and speed.

23. Tutu888's rating of the film Ballet mécanique

I appreciate the sense of freedom that brings a new form of art. Must have been very impressive in the twenties.

24. Vincent T's rating of the film Ballet mécanique