Bewertungen & Beurteilungen

1. Georges Iroh's rating of the film Choose Me - Sag ja

Marriage is not sacred, but there is something liberating about making a commitment to staying with someone who simply feels safe with you. A romantic melodrama with a playful side, expressed through its many moments of dramatic irony. Rudolph's screenplay offers a counterpoint to those of his New Hollywood peers, sticking much closer to the arch classicism of the Hollywood style guide than Coppola ever dared.

2. El Biffo's rating of the film Choose Me - Sag ja

This works perfectly for me. The structure of an Altman film with the visual aesthetic of a Walter Hill film, and dialogue that sounds more like a novel than a film. And enough kissing scenes and sexy Teddy Pendergrass music to say that without a doubt, this is a Love Movie. If someone thinks that this "doesn't really work", maybe they aren't used to a filmmaker who breaks so many rules at the same time.

3. dialupmodem's rating of the film Choose Me - Sag ja

The most lamentable comedy and most cruel death of Pyramus and Thisbe

4. o_oo's rating of the film Choose Me - Sag ja

Toute une nuit (les années 80)

5. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Choose Me - Sag ja

6. FISCHER's rating of the film Choose Me - Sag ja

Les thèmes chers à Rudolph sont ici encore présents : solitude urbaine, recherche désespérée de l'amour et présence ludique du destin et de ses coïncidences ..... www.cinefiches.com

7. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Choose Me - Sag ja

Our Daily Free Stream: Alan Rudolph - Choose Me. Alan Rudolphs Choose Me hat viele Qualitäten, vor allem ists aber ein gewagter, ein faszinierender Film! Ich denke, das ist auch beabsichtigt! Es gibt Filme, die uns in die Spannung versetzen oder Rätsel aufgeben, dieser hier ist vor allem faszinierend!(...)

8. Jamie Scott-Dyson's rating of the film Choose Me - Sag ja

A neon drenched meditation on love. I thought it was aesthtically perfect, the jazz, the gun shot cuts, the acting, each element washes into the next. Given the lack of plot i'd expect the charecters to be more fleshed out and realised which is the only short coming in this pitch-perfect film (i understand it is an echo of ealrier noir films in it's appoach to dialogue etc. but a bit more depth woudnt have hurt). 4/5

9. Tom Vaughan's rating of the film Choose Me - Sag ja

Patrick, I am pretty darn sure you're right. I don't know how many times I have seen this film and both the picture and person seem completely alien to me.

10. Eleni Ashton's rating of the film Choose Me - Sag ja

That still is beckoning me, need to see this.

11. Ethan's rating of the film Choose Me - Sag ja

12. oldfilmsflicker's rating of the film Choose Me - Sag ja

Alan Rudolph sure does try really hard but his films never fully work

13. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film Choose Me - Sag ja

Some very strong performances, but Alan Rudolph's rumination on sex and love just never quite develops enough dramatic tension to keep its loose, character-driven plot consistently compelling. A well-made film with some genuine moments, but ultimately underwhelming. The overwrought songs by Teddy Pendergrass date it pretty badly.

14. Patrick Humphreys's rating of the film Choose Me - Sag ja

I'm pretty sure that picture isn't from this film.