For en bedre oplevelse på MUBI, opdater din browser.

Bewertungen & Beurteilungen

1. josé neves's rating of the film Opfer einer großen Liebe

35mm. Goulding is an employee who zealously fulfills the studio's industrious language; Bette Davis a histrionic guarantee of the "great classical actors" ' executive demonstration and, in the midst of all this forced drama, once again, Geraldine Fitzgerald shows how wonderful and underestimated she was.

2. mimivulturul's rating of the film Opfer einer großen Liebe

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Opfer einer großen Liebe

Mélodrame un peu poussif surtout à cause de l'insignifiance relative de l'interprétation de l'acteur George Brent, mais magnifié par le jeu tout en douceur et en douleur de Bette Davis décidément éblouissante... www.cinefiches.com

4. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Opfer einer großen Liebe

8.0/10, my review: https://wp.me/p1eXom-3sg "a legitimately tickets-selling one-woman-show when Ms. Davis is in her pinnacle."

5. Aardsy's rating of the film Opfer einer großen Liebe

6. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Opfer einer großen Liebe

I wept. I’m not being hyperbolic when I say that this only works because of Bette Davis. It’s honestly one of the greatest performances I have ever seen.

7. Rocco's rating of the film Opfer einer großen Liebe

This is one cruel film that’s damn near impossible to stomach. Whether that’s a measure of its success is up to the viewer. Davis has trouble selling the syrupy, smiling moments in this weepy, but the scene where she loses her sight in the garden is one of her best.

8. Ryan Christopher Coleman's rating of the film Opfer einer großen Liebe

perhaps this film's punch has been lost to historically specific social context.....because not even bette could perform her way out of this dripping, melodramatic dreck

9. bitchwitched's rating of the film Opfer einer großen Liebe

No offense but why are y'all not crying?

10. Bjanicas's rating of the film Opfer einer großen Liebe

11. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Opfer einer großen Liebe

Davis is great here. She is the window to exploring our complex temperaments. The movie may be kitsch, but not her.

12. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film Opfer einer großen Liebe

"Time doesn't sleep." Bette Davis Eyes.

13. David M.K.'s rating of the film Opfer einer großen Liebe

14. MarcH's rating of the film Opfer einer großen Liebe

Love Davis and Bogart, but both give toe-curlingly bad performances in this movie.

15. Mattia 5's rating of the film Opfer einer großen Liebe

The italian dubbing makes this movie really laughable... anyway it doesn't seem an unforgettable film!!!

16. chanandre's rating of the film Opfer einer großen Liebe

[Cinémathèque PT #465: 35 mm] (2007) - 1939, was the year everyone around the world brought their A-game filmmaking wise and showed a universal creative response to the beginning of WWII.