Bewertungen & Beurteilungen

1. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Darkness/Light/Darkness

I think this is my favorite of his works.

2. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Darkness/Light/Darkness

3.8 stars. I find it has less infantile energy than other Švankmajer shorts and is thus less haptically gratifying, yet (perhaps as a correlative to this) is one of his most clear-sighted universal allegories. Švankmajer is uniquely talented at pitching allegory at a primordial level - communicating ideas through pure sensory impression rather than words like a hyper-articulate illiterate. Existentialism for the gut.

3. Louis Judkins's rating of the film Darkness/Light/Darkness

Quite simply, a masterpiece.

4. Yugosalvia Plath's rating of the film Darkness/Light/Darkness

5. MistaRichard's rating of the film Darkness/Light/Darkness

Mind-bending. Watch it here: https://vimeo.com/81875587

6. Pipim's rating of the film Darkness/Light/Darkness

fondamental, classic. golem!

7. Kadjavsi's rating of the film Darkness/Light/Darkness

8. FISCHER's rating of the film Darkness/Light/Darkness

A partir d'une simple boule de pâte à modeler, dans une chambre-maison miniature, se forment des mains, arrivent par une porte les yeux et se constitue lentement un homme dont la présence se révèlera bien trop étroite dans le petit habitacle. Etrange, comme l'habituel univers du metteur en scène, toujours fascinant... www.cinefiches.com

9. douglas binda's rating of the film Darkness/Light/Darkness

10. Rafael Zen's rating of the film Darkness/Light/Darkness

I love the clay aesthetic being used to tell a story of creation. The end, with that little space left from the man seen by it's whole - leaves a lot to think about for sure.

11. dino dancer's rating of the film Darkness/Light/Darkness

12. ARNMG's rating of the film Darkness/Light/Darkness

masterpiece https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el8RUqN_4Fw

13. mad.lucas's rating of the film Darkness/Light/Darkness

14. Marina's rating of the film Darkness/Light/Darkness

Amazing, amazing animation. The end, with how tight the space became with the dimension of the Man and his anxious breathing made me reflect about our own anxieties, just how the light turned off into a temporary oblivion.

15. anotherbennet's rating of the film Darkness/Light/Darkness

Inventing and "scary" at the same time.

16. CinemaHouse Productions's rating of the film Darkness/Light/Darkness

Astonishing and pain staking/working film. Svankmajer blends his absurdity with comical proportions.

17. Chuck Vollers's rating of the film Darkness/Light/Darkness

18. Adam Moody's rating of the film Darkness/Light/Darkness

Mind-blowingly bizarre short from Jan Švankmajer with equally amazing animation.

19. galuh indri's rating of the film Darkness/Light/Darkness

the 'weenie' part is hilarious.

20. Adham T. Fusama's rating of the film Darkness/Light/Darkness

If that's how God create us, it would be scary. LOL.

21. Kirby's rating of the film Darkness/Light/Darkness

With movies like Coraline and The Corpse Bride, it's very easy to forget that the majority of stop-motion animation used to be done with clay. I do miss seeing it. This is also the creepiest film that features a penis that knocks on a door that I've seen, well, ever.

22. hcaulfield 37's rating of the film Darkness/Light/Darkness

Truly amazing. It makes me ache, knowing I'll never be talented enough to create a work like this.

23. Harry Rossi's rating of the film Darkness/Light/Darkness

This is so beautiful, an astonishing piece of work.

24. Indrek's rating of the film Darkness/Light/Darkness

The angst of human consummation.