Bewertungen & Beurteilungen

1. Daniel Metcalf's rating of the film Do The Right Thing

Rewatched at the cinema. A superb film which fully embraces the cinematic medium and uses every formal element possible to heighten the story. It's so vibrant and confidently shot, and has so many hilarious moments. Sad how it’s even more relevant now than 30 years ago.

2. jhubbs's rating of the film Do The Right Thing

Complex characters & moral ambiguity make this film. Lee could have easily made a preachy strawman hit-piece but instead chose to present competing philosophies side-by-side, with comparable weight, & lets the audience decide what justice is. Aiello as Sal is unforgettable, while Jackson/Esposito/Davis make great side pieces. Bold, bright colors. Crazy opening credits. Music works, but there's too much. Great ending

3. Pinguin's rating of the film Do The Right Thing

The violence in this movie is not justified - but it is understandable.

4. Toni's rating of the film Do The Right Thing

5. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Do The Right Thing

8.3/10 "Spike Lee's seminal if also controversial dissertation of the pandemic racial tension and violence in America is a cardinal, deathless food for thought to us all." my full review - https://wp.me/p1eXom-43H

6. adamjaymorris's rating of the film Do The Right Thing

7. diiiiogorocha's rating of the film Do The Right Thing

Melhor análise de um conflito racial que já vi na vida. Já tinha visto o filme há uns anos, mas é sempre bom rever certos filmes passado uns anos porque de uma forma ou outro amadurecemos e aprendemos um pouco mais sobre o mundo.

8. Cimino!'s rating of the film Do The Right Thing

oh and Best Main Titles Ever.

9. Semaj Rose's rating of the film Do The Right Thing

How do you do the right thing? Who did the right thing? These are questions the film asks, but leaves up to you to answer. There are few films as timeless as Do The Right Thing, a visually inventive, and socially conscious look at racial tension with nuanced, 3D characters brought to life by fantastic acting.

10. Duarte Ferreira's rating of the film Do The Right Thing

Spike Lee just drove by and blew up my house, block and mind with one of the most unapologetically stylized and poetic proclamations on racial conflict to ever grace Cinema. A free jazz shuffle of tones, images and ideas that react and spark off one another, topped off with one footstomp of a finale, eternally relevant. This is one that's completely sizzled into my mind.

11. Roy Deckard's rating of the film Do The Right Thing

Persons A and B hurt person C. Then persons D and E kill person A. Then person F, along with a bunch of other people, hurts person C. If you think person F did the right thing, you obviously don't care about fairness and your sense of justice is completely fucked up. The only one who does the right thing but gets fucked is Sal.

12. riraru's rating of the film Do The Right Thing

In einer Gesellschaft und einem Staat, die für viele niederdrückend sind, überdreht sich vieles schnell ins Radikale. Dies ist ein Lehrstück darüber, mit einem einander sehr zugetanen Ensemble.

13. Mimic Hootings's rating of the film Do The Right Thing

One of the great political films, and one of the great American films. Lee's direction is nimble and inventive, and fully alive to the dialectical complexities of the script. The only problem is the music, which is generally good, but overused to the point of occasional intrusiveness.

14. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Do The Right Thing

A devastating character study about racisim and the tension that arise when we can not respect that we are different. Spike Lee created the modern African American drama genre so it is sadly ironic that he had to lose the Academy Award for the old- fashioned portrait of how the white race see African Americans in «Driving Miss Daisy».

15. olijaun's rating of the film Do The Right Thing

Watched it for the third time. It‘s simply one of rhe best movies ever... I don‘t know where to start... the images... the music... the atmosphere.. the story... i love it!

16. Laura G.'s rating of the film Do The Right Thing

Deeply rooted in racial and ethnical stereotypes, this film presents the viewer no easy answers. Violence as self defense is intelligence vs violence is a problem in itself which doesn't contribute to the so longed equality. In a way they're all in the same boat either if they are fresh out of it or not. They all suffer discrimination regardless of their skin colour. Police brutality and police mistrust remain.

17. Keith's rating of the film Do The Right Thing

I loved it as a teenager. Still a great film. The dialogue and characters are superb. It's as if you're suddenly been immersed in Brooklyn, New York in 1999 and you're just watching the day play out.

18. Jumanah's rating of the film Do The Right Thing

I like the way it balanced everything; the different aspects of a multicultural society in 1980s New York. Script: smart, lyrical and fresh. Shots were unusual, sort of at a diagonal angle. Many shots were done with characters looking at the camera, as if they're talking to you. Felt as if the director wanted to be straight about what he wanted to say, he wasn't trying to hide anything or brush it under the carpet.

19. janh24's rating of the film Do The Right Thing

So much to appreciate in this ever-urgent film; still essential viewing!

20. Andismile's rating of the film Do The Right Thing

Not only is the movie of cruel actuality, it also seems that 30 years ago we have been at a somehow further point in black cinema, pointing at politics and criticizing the truth. A masterpiece that also shows our way further backwards.

21. begumzorlu's rating of the film Do The Right Thing

22. tinderness's rating of the film Do The Right Thing

Ich war zu Beginn vor allem nach dem kraftvoll verzweifelten Vorspann des Films überrascht von der leichten Gangart der Handlung und dem vordergründig sorglosen Ton. Die Explosion des Rassenhasses im letzten Drittel ließ mich schockiert und ratlos zurück. Ich war dem Regisseur gewaltig auf den Leim gegangen und vermute sogar, dass das so von ihm gewollt war. Zurück blieb ein Unbehagen und eine Warnung!

23. Spezialle_K's rating of the film Do The Right Thing

Just brilliant. Love and peas, all

24. raggiodisole's rating of the film Do The Right Thing

This is a sophisticated and grounded film. 2 viewings 30 years apart, and the radical violence meets violence view I had the first time is now replaced by 'see what intolerance does', framed by our times. You will feel many things watching this film, embrace them all. As complex a maze as the world is.