Bitte aktualisiere deinen Browser um MUBI optimal nutzen zu können.

Bewertungen & Beurteilungen

1. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film Duell in der Sonne

Deeply ridiculous and flawed when seen through a modern template, with a strange dynamic between the three leads and drastic changes in tone...however there are 3-4 moments that are brilliant -few directors would dare stage the horse wrangling sequence today, and the finale is incredible (and influential...!)

2. Seesaw's rating of the film Duell in der Sonne

The good is forgotten but the bad stigmatizes their existence. Under the sun, all is equal and cinema reflects the most blessed lovers who takes the risk.

3. smndvdcl's rating of the film Duell in der Sonne

A typically grandiose Selznick film with Vidor as his vessel. The film surpasses its caricatured characterisation if perceived poetically - love and hate, lust and power, desire and destructive co-dependency - the tortuous entanglement between lovers has universality. Lillian Gish is indomitable. Gregory Peck represents a foolish alpha. An intriguing archive in cinema.

4. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Duell in der Sonne

7.3/10, my review: https://wp.me/p1eXom-3rh “Passé in its configuration and ideology notwithstanding, DUEL IN THE SUN effuses a sizable magnitude of spectacular whether to accommodate one’s eyes or stir one’s sentiments."

5. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Duell in der Sonne

A movie I saw 3 or 4 times on TV in the 70's. Rewatched yesterday night because of its recent Blu-Ray release. Wow! A movie about a woman, about Jennifer Jones, who's literally burning in the film's glowing settings hence her repeated longing for ponds and rainy nights. Masterpiece.

6. MarcusArcus's rating of the film Duell in der Sonne

Not as trashy as you'd expect, particularly bloated; the story behind the film is much more enticing than the movie itself (the camerawork is spectacular, though).

7. FISCHER's rating of the film Duell in der Sonne

Un classique du western romantique et fiévreux qui demeure un monument mythique du cinéma par sa folle tragédie quasi biblique, la violente et charnelle beauté de Jennifer Jones et l'excellente interprétation des principaux acteurs. En prime, un dernier quart d'heure époustouflant qui demeure un inoubliable morceau d'anthologie... www.cinefiches.com

8. Jugu Abraham's rating of the film Duell in der Sonne

Unusual for Hollywood to make a tragic western. Unusual to see Gregory Peck as a villain.

9. bulgrin's rating of the film Duell in der Sonne

The camera work is a five star. But the biggest problem of this film is and was the intervention of David O'Selznick.

10. THE APOLL0's rating of the film Duell in der Sonne

11. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Duell in der Sonne

12. SpacePirate's rating of the film Duell in der Sonne

A real overblown mess of a film, sad too bc I love Peck and Cotten. Selznicks worst production. Avoid at all costs.

13. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Duell in der Sonne

14. josé neves's rating of the film Duell in der Sonne

Cinematography by Ray Rennahan.

15. Joe Wakeman's rating of the film Duell in der Sonne

Trash! Trash! Trashtrashtrashtrashtrash!!!!!

16. Trevor's rating of the film Duell in der Sonne

The ending is simply perfect and one of cinema's greatest depictions of l'amour fou.

17. Brandon Nowalk's rating of the film Duell in der Sonne

So is this what Eastwood was on about in High Plains Drifter?

18. Empire's rating of the film Duell in der Sonne

Unconventional western. There is a clear lack of pace, I guess some places in the west where quiet dull as in this movie.

19. Cineastic's rating of the film Duell in der Sonne

Fucking unbearable. I very rarely every switch off films, but I couldn't get through the first half hour.

20. fleur de chair's rating of the film Duell in der Sonne

This film is so flagrant in its racism and disregard for women that it's hard not to find it funny. I couldn't take it seriously enough to be offended. Also, Gregory Peck makes a very sexy cowboy, even if his character was an arch-asshole.

21. Dave's rating of the film Duell in der Sonne

I actually found myself bored for large chunks of this. Has its moments, but not enough of them to save the whole effort, IMO.

22. Hugo Resendiz Saldivar's rating of the film Duell in der Sonne

Hay cosas buenas y malas en este película, sin duda no tengo mucho aguante a melodramas, pero en este caso la escena final, como bien lo dice Luc Mallet, lo vale, el clímax de esta película esta muy bien realizado. Creo que encontrar una actriz en lugar de pintarla hubiera sido mejor, pero bueno la gran mayoría de paisajes eran dibujados, sin dementar, tiene muy buena fotografia.

23. Jaspar Lamar Crabb's rating of the film Duell in der Sonne

As hard boiled a western as you're likely to see (and that includes JOHNNY GUITAR). Gregory Peck is like a lizard just looking to be squashed and Jennifer Jones defines sultry.

24. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film Duell in der Sonne

It had a way better ending than the book, I'll give it that.