Bewertungen & Beurteilungen

1. Graveyard Poet's rating of the film Edward mit den Scherenhänden

2. Ethan's rating of the film Edward mit den Scherenhänden

Tim Burton is pretty much a gothic Speilberg and he proved that in this heartwarming masterpiece about an outcast thrust into a world he didn't ask to be in and trying to make the best of it. Johnny Depp is brilliant here looking like the emo offspring of Robert Smith and Freddy Krueger. The set design is a thing of beauty evoking John Waters on acid in a William Castle fairy tale. Beautiful.

3. afuchs's rating of the film Edward mit den Scherenhänden

4. paris.gemini.pg's rating of the film Edward mit den Scherenhänden

5. lidiishere's rating of the film Edward mit den Scherenhänden

oh how delightful. I regret not watching this masterpiece sooner. and, I can't help comparing Winona's here and in Stranger Things

6. Kuja's rating of the film Edward mit den Scherenhänden

7. lauraalpinto's rating of the film Edward mit den Scherenhänden

8. aurkihnowe's rating of the film Edward mit den Scherenhänden

In a career dedicated to oddballs and outsiders, Hollywood pataphysicist Tim Burton makes the greatest play, to abuse a sports metaphor (hard to choose from a dozen great flicks, tbh) of his sofar career....read the other reviews for more fleshed out reasons, ima go get a couple hours sleep...out...

9. SVS-XIU's rating of the film Edward mit den Scherenhänden

10. ammar's rating of the film Edward mit den Scherenhänden

11. camilla-folk's rating of the film Edward mit den Scherenhänden

Le plus beau conte de Noël du monde et une excellente vision de la société : l'exclusion, les boucs émissaires et j'en passe!

12. Psycoteraphy's rating of the film Edward mit den Scherenhänden

13. Adam GR's rating of the film Edward mit den Scherenhänden

That pastel-colored nuclear suburb is my idea of heaven. Kathy Baker's crispy nymph might be the reason I'm gay. "And I'll bring the ambrosia salad!" Dianne Wiest and Alan Arkin as lovable parents. Tim Burton's best. Whimsically wondrous and heartbreakingly climactic. Spoke to a sacredness and burden of isolation, and a testament to strengthening oneself through love.

14. 9DarkMistress2's rating of the film Edward mit den Scherenhänden

Unforgettable from the master Tim Burton. Vincent Price and Johnny Depp. Always a treat!

15. Michael H. CLAES's rating of the film Edward mit den Scherenhänden

A rich idea these scissorshands. BURTON's boundless imagination, humor, story richness & twists. Tim is a poet as much as a child & what a pleasure to walk in his garden.Thanks for V. PRICE's appearance +++ L'imagination sans limite de BURTON, l'humour, la richesse du scénario & ses rebondissements. Tim est un poète autant qu'un enfant, et quel bonheur de se balader dans son jardin. Merci pour avoir rappelé V. PRICE.

16. raquel_ag's rating of the film Edward mit den Scherenhänden

Enredo: ★★★★ Cinematografia: ★★★★ Tom: ★★★★ Música e Som: ★★★★ Representação: ★★★★

17. Aulia Indry's rating of the film Edward mit den Scherenhänden

I like when I saw Johnny Depp being like this, The Edward

18. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Edward mit den Scherenhänden

Burton's out-and-out strongest auteur film? Here the ever glorious phantasmagoric-kitsch of Welch & Burton's set design/ art direction is united with the fairytale narrative to create a sealed suburban snowglobe kingdom of a filmworld. It's also perhaps the only Burton film that is utterly successful in bridging the gap between adult's and child's cinema. A bewitching melancholy wonder aided by Elfman's lovely score.

19. Shahin Katila's rating of the film Edward mit den Scherenhänden

20. HKFanatic's rating of the film Edward mit den Scherenhänden

Burton has always seemed a touch out of time, as though he would have been more content turning out silent films in the Weimar Republic than working in the Eighties studio system, so it makes sense that his most successful work (aside from "Beetlejuice") would be a modern fairy tale. Burton makes great use of Depp as a physical performer, but the real star here is the score by Danny Elfman, arguably a career best.

21. De La Ghetto's rating of the film Edward mit den Scherenhänden

It was a part of my childhood, that is all.

22. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Edward mit den Scherenhänden

As a Tim Burton misfit movie it is as perfect that he ever has been and one of the crown achievements in Tim Burton's career. Johnny Depp started his career here as a master of weird and macabre roles. The scenes with Vincent Price always make a lump into my throat and Winona Ryder has never been lovelier than with blonde hair. A loving homage to the old Universal monster movies of the past too.

23. Deiner's rating of the film Edward mit den Scherenhänden

I'll admit that there are some plot holes in this movie, and when I actually start thinking really hard about them, they start to bug me. However, there's something about this movie that is kind of magical for me and prevents me from disliking any little bit of it.

24. spasmolytic's rating of the film Edward mit den Scherenhänden