Bitte aktualisiere deinen Browser um MUBI optimal nutzen zu können.

Bewertungen & Beurteilungen

1. kartina obskura's rating of the film Grey Gardens

"will you shut up! it's a goddamn beautiful day! shut up" // "I came like Water, and like Wind I go" - Omar Khayyám // mixed feelings on this one, but there's something chekhovian in them

2. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film Grey Gardens

One of the most uncomfortable film viewing experiences ever. Even though the film is fascinating, the Maysles brothers shows a little bit too much of the excessive character of Edie and her mother. I mean, these people needs some serious help and that rotten house is not a healthy place for both of them. The film comes too close to mockery against these two women for me. They need some help and care, not a film crew.

3. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film Grey Gardens

Borderline unwatchable both from irritation with very privileged people gone near insane and concern for the protagonists in their extreme co-dependency and vulnerability. One wonders how these people ended up in this state whilst simultaneously wondering why that question is even remotely interesting.

4. ig_____or's rating of the film Grey Gardens

Filthy but cute. Creepy but sweet. Crazy but relatable. Dysfunctional but happy. Decaying but glamourous. Voyeuristic but respectful. I really enjoyed all the contradictions in this... I'll try to watch the HBO miniseries eventually.

5. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Grey Gardens

6. Alexandru Acsinte's rating of the film Grey Gardens

7. James Mackin's rating of the film Grey Gardens

Little Edie is such a weirdly charming person, and I hope the rest of her life was just singing and dancing for her cats and raccoons (and every now and then a man or two).

8. Erklgh's rating of the film Grey Gardens

I still can hear them singing

9. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Grey Gardens

"When are you gonna learn, Edie? You're in this world, you know. You're not out of the world." If Beckett had ever written an American melodrama it might have been something like the absurdist autumnal stasis of 'Grey Gardens'. Sometimes the two Edies could be cruel to one another, but mostly they had fun passing the time, assembling Little Edie's revolutionary costumes, and I did too, though moments dragged.

10. Ryan Christopher Coleman's rating of the film Grey Gardens

11. Katya Kazbek's rating of the film Grey Gardens

I really want to find out what happened with these royalties, because if the Maysles brothers did not share them with the Beales, as is alleged in many sources, it makes me very, very angry.

12. amandav's rating of the film Grey Gardens

thank you for memorializing these two women because they absolutely have my heart

13. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Grey Gardens

The most cult-esque of docu films. It follows the adventures (mainly bickering) of two formerly upper class women (mother/daughter), who live in a deteriorating mansion. A fine line between tragedy, as well as pure cult-entertainment. A precious time capsule knowing that the mother died two years later and the house sold shortly after.

14. steeeeellaaaaa (Iulia N)'s rating of the film Grey Gardens

15. -REM-'s rating of the film Grey Gardens

16. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Grey Gardens

7.5/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2O2

17. Balthaz21's rating of the film Grey Gardens

18. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Grey Gardens

For me this is a really sad portrait of a little Edie who's a little out of touch with reality, and caught in between wanting to spread her wings and being totally dependent on her mother.

19. ionu's rating of the film Grey Gardens

3.5, but very very very mixed feelings on this.

20. Yumi Kaioh's rating of the film Grey Gardens

they're both delusional - came back here sometime now to change my rating from 4 to 5! I still remember them and think of them!

21. Sarika Joglekar's rating of the film Grey Gardens

honestly don't really understand why this documentary is so heralded. felt voyeuristic in a very bad way

22. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Grey Gardens

Little and big Edie Beale live in a dilapidated old house, infested with raccoons and other animals. Once high society participants, this is where they have now found themselves, free from society but still trapped in their own world. These are eccentric characters, and we are brought into their lives as they live them: carefree and unknowing of any social standards. It’s a fascinating watch.

23. boughtabride's rating of the film Grey Gardens

a strange, sad, funny documentary. they said they didn't feel exploited, but i almost felt like my reaction was like i was doing it to them. the documentary was cyclical. they were stuck in this house, they had the same arguments; it was a sick fascination about white ennui and crumbling wealth. i really enjoyed it, though, and cried. and little edie became iconic, obviously.

24. reijagrrl's rating of the film Grey Gardens

you MUST watch grey gardens in the early afternoon, in a kimono + shorts, with a ouija board placemat under your pizza. which you eat with a spoon.

← Previous 1 3 4 5