Bitte aktualisiere deinen Browser um MUBI optimal nutzen zu können.

Bewertungen & Beurteilungen

1. tenonder's rating of the film Mid90s

2. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Mid90s

Authentic representation of the mid-90s skate culture. Rejects finding solace from their hellish lives in each other and in their passion for skating. Jonah Hill does a great job casting this and directing his debut feature.

3. Le Ciné Chez Nico's rating of the film Mid90s

This could have been cliché and insipid. Instead, it is warm, colourful, fun and feels very real. The young lead - who was in The killing of a sacred deer and is definitely going places - shifts between his tough guy persona and more vulnerable nature to moving effect. A few over the top moments, but nothing major and the film montage at the end was genius. May Hill continue down this path, he has a lot to offer.

4. Pancho Legaspi's rating of the film Mid90s

5. AugusteB's rating of the film Mid90s

6. J. O.'s rating of the film Mid90s

An accurate depiction of male teenagedom in the 90s - does that make a good movie? Does period detail make it a good story? People let nostalgia take the reins – in some ways I did, too. It's not that I didn't like it, it's that it's nothing new or challenging as critics claim. It's an homage to a period that delivered films just like this (Kids, of course). Points for effort, but it's far from essential viewing.

7. Elise Stambul's rating of the film Mid90s

Le skate des années 90 en 4:3. Jonah Hill nous touche avec Stevie, personnage principal, paumé qui trouve sa place dans une bande de skateurs. Pendant 1h20 le film nous emplit d'une atmosphère festive, d'insouciance parfois bénéfique comme tragique.

8. Bjanicas's rating of the film Mid90s

9. Louis Robert's rating of the film Mid90s

If you put Herbie Hancock and Omega in the soundtrack, I’m already sold. Add some genuine story about skate culture and trying to grow up to be cool; you’ve got yourself a pretty good movie. Well done for Jonah Hill, can’t wait to see what he’s gonna do next.

10. Onur Burak Yıldırım's rating of the film Mid90s

an ok coming-of-age movie that probably people who started skating in mid 90s as a kid can relate more

11. A47's rating of the film Mid90s

12. keremebrulee's rating of the film Mid90s

Very good. Felt like they shot the whole film with a VSCO filter.

13. NICOLE86's rating of the film Mid90s

Using film instead of digital makes you feel that you are actually watching an indie film made in the '90s. I also really enjoyed that it wasn't too nostalgic. sometimes films like this can get caught up on nostalgia, but Hill just made it seem we were watching a 20-year-old movie, and that is refreshing.

14. Jake Davis's rating of the film Mid90s

A lot of the time we feel that our lives the worst, but I think that if you looked in anybody else's closet, you wouldn't trade your shit for their shit. So let's go.

15. Kanine Keenan's rating of the film Mid90s

Felt authentic, full of feeling. Not a nostalgic film, thankfully. I definitely related a lot to it and it reminded me of feelings back in my childhood I had never really considered since then. Quite a joy of a film.

16. Renton47's rating of the film Mid90s

Some great stylistic flourishes. Smart play to let the soundtrack do all of the heavy lifting. No idea why he felt compelled to make it. Rife with that icky feeling of white authors using black voices to provide the charisma and conflict they cannot write into the drama. More convinced the issue is with the screenplay seeing as several other factors make it pop 2.5

17. OFF_FRAME's rating of the film Mid90s

It's a pure, skateboarding film shot with love in 4:3 with meticulous attention to period detail that's impeccable in it's authenticity. Mid90s grabs you from the first explosive hallway scene signposting everything to come. Jonah has done a brilliant job of cutting through a lot of the bullshit around skating and getting to the heart of why so many of us took it up as lost kids. 4 stars

18. mubianer's rating of the film Mid90s

The 1990s was perhaps the last decade with at least a bit of character, enough to make nostalgic coming of age stories about it. Not that different from growing up in Norway at the time (The Simpsons, basketball cards, corporate youth culture). Surpise screening, not a film I would normally buy a ticket for otherwise.

19. Aardsy's rating of the film Mid90s

20. nicolecahali's rating of the film Mid90s

Maravilhoso! Jonah Hill se mostrou um excelente diretor, filme super maduro, impecável! Lembrei muito de "This is England" versão anos 90 + EUA + skate . Atuações são incríveis, diálogos muito sensíveis e ao mesmo tempo com um humor muito inteligente e bem colocado. Tudo na medida! Trilha sonora e direção de arte perfeitas, tudo pensado minuciosamente e encaixadinho. Montagem super bem feita. TDB! Nota 10!

21. Rocketeam's rating of the film Mid90s

That was me! practicing my tricks on the garage at night to impress the cool kids. Saving up for a cool board, eating the fucking pavement again and again.

22. Roy Deckard's rating of the film Mid90s

Natural and cinematic from a first-time director who delivers a nostalgic but not hipstery coming-of-age film that speaks to a wide audience but no so wide to be a crowd-pleaser. Jonah Hill is an honest artist.

23. mauro's rating of the film Mid90s

24. Jagoda's rating of the film Mid90s

A charming rites of passage picture that's not trying to judge its adolescent protagonists but quietly points towards the bitter-sweet moment in their life when childhood dreams meet reality. This, being a background to a younger main character's search for identity, pops out to the foreground. Also, how old is he? Looks like he's eight but he can drink and get high much more than my 25 year old self can handle.

← Previous 1 3 4