Bewertungen & Beurteilungen

1. theworkingname's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

A gorgeous, heartfelt slice of cinema from one of the greatest living auteurs. If there weren’t technical explanations at hand for what Anderson presents the viewer and why, you could describe the feeling of watching Moonrise Kingdom as pure cinema magic.

2. Catalina Bordeanu's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

3. lidiishere's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

oh God, this is beautiful

4. Lucas Jordan's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

Wes Anderson tells his own version of a Romeo and Juliet like love tale through an island with a lot of character and charm to spare. Beautiful cinematography, a fun story, and spectacular character development is what carries this film and it can be enjoyed by just about anyone.

5. Enrico Benarivo's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

6. Sophie Dobb's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

I adore this film with all my heart. I view Moonrise Kingdom as Anderson's best work; every shot is beautifully executed and positioned, the colour palette is consistent all the way through, Sam & Suzy are charming. It's one of the most wholesome love stories I've ever seen or read.

7. Semaj Rose's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

Wes Anderson's best live action film, this is one of the great coming of age flicks. Moonrise Kingdom is the fleeting place between childhood and adulthood, and the storybook-like visual style clashing with the the dark narrative allows for a melancholy cognitive dissonance that captures the heartache of not knowing your place in the world, and the joy of discovering the person who will help you find it.

8. alfredodimalo's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

9. Elena's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

10. _sans.soleil_'s rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

Dear Suzy Bishop, when I was 12, I also used to believe orphans led special lives. I still have no idea what I am talking about -like all the time-.

11. 9DarkMistress2's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

This was an oddly funny little movie.

12. Aims's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

I absolutely adore this film. One of my favorites. I love the complexy of characters who are just kids. I love the focus on camping, outdoors skills and adventure. I love that I was expecting a somewhat cheesy and childish movie, but was interesting and had some very grown-up twists. It's one of my favorite feel-good movies for a rainy day.

13. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

Great and imaginative, with an eminent sensitiveness regarding the use of pre-recorded music. It's surprising to hear so much Benjamin Britten in a film, and there is a fine wit when the children during the end titles handle Alexandre Desplat's original score in the same didactic way like Britten handles Purcell's theme in his "Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra".

14. Aaron C Jones's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

This one is unbelievably sweet. An amazing cast (Ed Norton, Bill Murray, Frances McDormand, Jason Schwartzman) is topped by a shockingly effective Bruce Willis. He's perfect for this role, somehow. And little baby Lucas Hedges! Be still my beating heart.

15. Robert Franco's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

Last time I watched this movie, it got me laid. So I guess I gotta give it some love.

16. gaussian's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

style over substance but surprisingly enjoyable. can edward norton be my camp counselor, please?

17. Aivaras_Z's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

Great, even amazing visuals, but otherwise didn't do much for me. The aesthetics even sometimes work against the depth of characters and the story as a whole.

18. James Mackin's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

It's really cute, and it's a lot of fun. It's not my favourite of his films, but it's a good one. Shame that the dog died though.

19. se__pucu's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

wes anderson, great as always

20. Warren Butler's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

Moonrise Kingdom is a film that could only have been made by Wes Anderson. The quirky characters are displayed through the fantastic cinematography, with a habit of framing shots as parallel, the unnatural world feels alive yet separate from our own. The open framing of many of the shots is fitting given how they are kids and much of the world not only feels large but also display how empty their island setting

21. jaelaah's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

Raw, quintessential, nostalgic.

22. Ryan Christopher Coleman's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

am i the only one who feels wes anderson's view of kids is intrinsically perverted

23. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

Anderson wants to tell human stories, but his approach is dehumanising. His aesthetic reduces characters to clockwork objects; actions & consequences pre-programmed to facilitate his particular system. While technique is enviable, it robs the work of life & spontaneity. It expects the audience to fall in love with its cutesy characters & quirky narrative based on a series of stylistic fetishes, but not actual depth.

24. Ka potem Es's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom