Bewertungen & Beurteilungen

1. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Not Quite Hollywood: The Wild, Untold Story of Ozploitation!

Chronicling the late boom in Australian cinema & offering with it a veritable treasure trove of cult movies for fans to track down, Not Quite Hollywood also works to chart the sociological progression of Australian culture, its attitudes & identity, during the middle-to-late part of the 20th Century. It's this aspect that elevates the film above other, similar documentaries consisting of anecdotal evidence.

2. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film Not Quite Hollywood: The Wild, Untold Story of Ozploitation!

If you want to learn more about some of Australia's most eccentric cult classics (besides MAD MAX), this is the documentary for you!

3. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film Not Quite Hollywood: The Wild, Untold Story of Ozploitation!

4. Polyglot's rating of the film Not Quite Hollywood: The Wild, Untold Story of Ozploitation!

Boobs. Blood. Big Automobiles. Australia.

5. Charolastra's rating of the film Not Quite Hollywood: The Wild, Untold Story of Ozploitation!

After I watched his I didn't know if I was more disgusted or amused. Ahh the things you'll see in ozplotation!

6. Michel Tabbal's rating of the film Not Quite Hollywood: The Wild, Untold Story of Ozploitation!

excellant, superb ! A must-see

7. Silenzio's rating of the film Not Quite Hollywood: The Wild, Untold Story of Ozploitation!

Very interesting and entertaining at the same time. I thought I knew about Australian cinema but actually I had seen only a handful of Ozploitation films. I will definitely check out Wake up In Fright now, the Long Weekend and some Brian Trenchard Smith films thanks to this,

8. film_lies101's rating of the film Not Quite Hollywood: The Wild, Untold Story of Ozploitation!

A great primer for those unfamiliar (myself included) with Ozplotation

9. E. Ev's rating of the film Not Quite Hollywood: The Wild, Untold Story of Ozploitation!

maybe it was just me, but tarantino seemed to enjoy the violent scenes against women quite a bit...

10. GIYGAS's rating of the film Not Quite Hollywood: The Wild, Untold Story of Ozploitation!

Incredibly entertaining but doesn't really do much as a film more than, say, a really quirky Wikipedia entry. A wildly fun doc if not an engaging one.

11. Cromm Crúaich's rating of the film Not Quite Hollywood: The Wild, Untold Story of Ozploitation!

great doco, I watched it twice back to back one afternoon!

12. Ryan Gard's rating of the film Not Quite Hollywood: The Wild, Untold Story of Ozploitation!

This turned me on to some great flicks to watch. I highly recommend.

13. João Pacheco's rating of the film Not Quite Hollywood: The Wild, Untold Story of Ozploitation!

14. FailedImitator's rating of the film Not Quite Hollywood: The Wild, Untold Story of Ozploitation!

It was cool, amusing at parts, and all round entertaining. That aside, it wasn't anything spectacular.

15. jesse mcclung's rating of the film Not Quite Hollywood: The Wild, Untold Story of Ozploitation!

A really fun look at the Australian exploitation film movement that peaked in the 70's and 80's.

16. S Campbell's rating of the film Not Quite Hollywood: The Wild, Untold Story of Ozploitation!

A brill documentary with plenty of films on show here to seek out most notably the orginal Long Weekend which is a real classic

17. CRW's rating of the film Not Quite Hollywood: The Wild, Untold Story of Ozploitation!