Bewertungen & Rezensionen

1. Miguel's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

2. Hugo Ducat Segal's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

"Out of the Past" epitomizes the film noir genre to a tee where not only is its editing and cinematography sharp, but the stakes involved place the main protagonist in situations of romance, financial conflict as he owes money to his P.I. organization, and peril once the authorities are hot on his trail. It's best to watch twice to catch up on plot details you missed out on.

3. Ionut Moldovianu's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

4. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

7.6/10, "The most tectonic legacy of OUT OF THE PAST is Mitchum’s rakish, unflinching, impenetrable persona, defining a type of supreme masculinity that would hold sway for decades and whose vestigial trace we can still get a whiff of today" https://wp.me/p1eXom-4I3

5. Caitlin's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

Watched on Turner Classic Movies

6. BLUE MADNESS's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

The unusual thing about OUT OF THE PAST, unlike most noir in which the characters committees the mistake of entering the mystery/crime that will soon doomed them, Bailey and the rest here returned to work, trust and even fallen in love once again after they have already double-crossed each other, I think TOURNEUR’s noir is about the inescapable past, the thrill of doing wrong and knowing that it’s wrong.

7. tostoinu's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

un gigante fra i noir. e non solo..

8. Jonathan Kelsall's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

Sharp remarks, a doe eyed femme fatale, a PI that can hit a witty comeback as well as a fast right hook and a crime boss that thinks it's all a game. Perhaps not the best noir but possibly the most perfect to encapsulate the genre. Mitchum and Douglas constantly trying to out act one another in this complex tale of backstabbing and frame set ups, where the mood is set by the lighting and the glow of a cigarette.

9. Iulia Necsulescu's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

10. Marco B.'s rating of the film Goldenes Gift

11. Duarte Lima's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

ghosts of the past torment good and evil in one's inner soul. i get tired of film noirs, they can be so dull with the double crossing and predictability, but they always manage to conjure up this maze of the human soul, even to the point that it is not to comprehend the plot.

12. HKFanatic's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

"I think I'm in a frame...I don't know. All I can see is the frame." *The* definitive film noir. The dialogue by Daniel Mainwaring, adapting his own novel, is pure poetry; every exchange between characters a dazzling catch-and-release repartee. There's never been a noir protagonist more ruggedly handsome and unflappably cool than Robert Mitchum—and it doesn't matter, he's doomed from the start. Utterly doomed.

13. Haruki's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

[Re-watched and re-rated] For a film that receives universal praise, the appeal of Out of Past is quite subtle. Although it may lack the big and bold Hollywood bravura, the acting, photography, script and direction are consistently excellent, and the drama slowly culminates in a wonderfully downbeat conclusion. I like how Mitchum knocks out a guy, takes his brief case, steals his cigarette and lights it.

14. Rajat Srivastava's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

Brilliant. The cinematography, the dialogues, the premise , the acting, the lighting, the characters, everything about this is classic film noir. Especially enjoyed the restored blu ray reproduction. Visuals felt like it was shot in 2015!

15. DenoResandono's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

OUT OF THE PAST maybe has a quite complex storytelling. There are many things that happened in one movie. But, I still think this movie is easy to follow. OUT OF THE PAST works in so many levels due to its storytelling and acting. I loved the way this movie introduced its characters and how it resolved the mysteries. Robert Mitchum's performance was fantastic. But Jane Greer as the femme fatale really stole the show!

16. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

Jane Greer, legendary trickster.

17. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

"Is there a way to win?" "There's a way to lose more slowly." The sense of melancholy and disenchantment seeps from every frame.

18. Feellikeanumber's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

Mitchum was the baddest fucker alive. Pitch-perfect noir

19. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

20. Jim's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

★★★★ / 35mm /Tourneur’s gorgeous noir, exquisitely shot, is a haze of shadows, cigarette smoke, femme fatales and double crosses, Mitchum, momentous in the lead, as is Greer, a devilish creature of self-determination. A remarkable script, the idea of the past as a haunting nightmare to awake from, is taken full advantage by Tourneur who orchestrates a tragic tale of hearts and rage extinguishing.

21. HenriqueA's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

3.5 - Whenever Robert Mitchum is in the same frame as Kirk Douglas, movie magic happens and you can't take your eyes out of it.

22. mubianer's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

35mm. I love the coolness, wit and flow in this film, and men and women used to know how to flirt once upon a time. + I love the all the settings, the rugged beauty of the mountains, Acapulco, San Francisco... What a film! (Only issue I have is some of the plot development/character motivation towards the end) 9/10

23. Graveyard Poet's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

Brilliant black and white cinematography and darkly comic dialogue. Mitchum and Greer are complicated lovers en route to oblivion and self-destruction.

24. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

This may not be the best film noir—The Big Heat is more electrifying, The Third Man more politically astute, etc. But damn if it doesn't check every box like an old pro hitting the marks: grizzled fatalism, flashbacks, hardboiled voiceover, sexy dames you can't trust, a morally necessary act of deception, and a sardonic private eye who figures it all out only to realize he passed the point of no return.