Para disfrutar de una experiencia mejor en MUBI, Actualiza tu buscador

Bewertungen & Rezensionen

1. mubianer's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

35mm. I love the coolness, wit and flow in this film, and men and women used to know how to flirt once upon a time. + I love the all the settings, the rugged beauty of the mountains, Acapulco, San Francisco... What a film! (Only issue I have is some of the plot development/character motivation towards the end) 9/10

2. Graveyard Poet's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

Brilliant black and white cinematography and darkly comic dialogue. Mitchum and Greer are complicated lovers en route to oblivion and self-destruction.

3. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

This may not be the best film noir—The Big Heat is more electrifying, The Third Man more politically astute, etc. But damn if it doesn't check every box like an old pro hitting the marks: grizzled fatalism, flashbacks, hardboiled voiceover, sexy dames you can't trust, a morally necessary act of deception, and a sardonic private eye who figures it all out only to realize he passed the point of no return.

4. Il calvario di un’anima perduta's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

5. Francisco R.'s rating of the film Goldenes Gift

The narrative -complete with gargantuan flashbacks and a laconic, almost mournful voice-over by Robert Mitchum- manages to weave performances and dramatic timing effortlessly into a finely crafted puzzle. 70+ years later, the film retains its elegance and brio.

6. Jacques de Villiers's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

I like to think Robert Mitchum taught men of his generation ways of crying that would keep their masculinity intact. Bogie could never telegraph this kind of vulnerability, even though Jeff and Marlowe are cut from the same cloth. There's nothing like Mitchum's ability to make male entrapment seem so cool. Together with Tourneur's direction and Musuraca's cinematography it almost blots out the stupidity of the sexism

7. bryanvmh's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

Kirk Douglas v. Robert Mitchum in the battle of dueling butt chins. "Won't you believe me?" "Baby, I don't care."

8. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

Not my favorite story, just never quite connected with the characters. But was it a visual beauty? Absolutely.

9. Luca's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

10. Enrico Gaudenzi's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

Tu chiamali, se vuoi, capolavori...

11. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

12. Renton47's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

We can never enter classics clean, and sometimes history prevents them from teaching us how to watch. The good: the globetrotting locations, the cast, Tourneur's compositions. For a film about past baggage I couldn't remove this one's reputation, and conceptually didn't feel utilised in the way of 'History of Violence'. Schematic to a fault. 3, until next time...

13. viola mombe's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

14. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

"Can you forgive me?" "I'll never know, I'm not going to try."

15. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

I've always shied away from movies with Mitchum, but this one won me over big time. His cool demeanor, physique, and voice make him a perfect match for film noir. It's not often that I rate a film noir any higher than 3 stars because they're all kinda the same. While this one surely keeps to the rules of the genre, it has a unique storytelling structure which I really appreciated.

16. смерть влюбленных's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

17. FISCHER's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

Un classique du film noir, avec un étonnant Robert Mitchum, dirigé de mains de maître par un incontournable réalisateur qui a marqué de son empreinte bien des genres cinématographiques, allant du fantastique au western en passant par une impressionnante série de courts métrages... www.cinefiches.com

18. toutchange's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

19. Bertrand Queysan's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

20. Ramona A.'s rating of the film Goldenes Gift

The best thing about American cinema of the past is the witty dialogues. Priceless.

21. Aardsy's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

22. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

At 97 minutes, this is not simply a brisk picture - the plot mechanisms reminded me of that Daffy Duck cartoon where he keeps one-upping the studio exec with, "And then there was a food shortage! The dam broke!! The volcano erupted!!!" before shooting himself. Don't get me wrong - this is class, through and through - taut and windy and morally mischievous. But like the exec, I finally asked myself, "Is that all?"

23. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

4.5 "Cigarette?" - "Smoking."

24. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Goldenes Gift

Bob and Jane Greer, Bob and Rhonda Fleming, Bob and Virginia Huston, Me and my wife. Highly recommended.