Bewertungen & Rezensionen

1. samuset's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

I really liked this film. A curious and ecstatic moment: the shot of the door opening onto the rainy garden in Mexico.

2. Luis Pires's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

Mitchum is really off-putting and the script is particularly cheesy.

3. jonijtr's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

Actually I came here only for Mitchum, but damn, Jane Greer steals the show, she's an amazing Femme Fatale, and I can't believe I have to said this to a woman, but she's such an asshole. Btw the use of natural landscape here is brilliant, amazing noir.

4. Roslyn's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

If ever an actor was made for noir, it was Robert Mitchum, they don't come more hard boiled than him. Great film with fantastic dialogue delivered perfectly by Mitchum. Of course it's an adaptation from a novel (that I didn't know)... and the author also penned the script. All in all quite delicious.

5. Erik F.'s rating of the film Goldenes Gift

6. SpacePirate's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

Top 5 noir, right up there with Laura, Double Indemnity, etc

7. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

Well written, acted, directed, and shot. A staple of noir films that skips along at a fast pace with wit and suspense, as well as darkness and smoking coolness. Robert Mitchum is perfection as the sharp tongued lead, and there are great performances all around, especially the always entertaining Kirk Douglas and the seductive femme fatale Jane Greer. Film noir crystallized and epitomized.

8. Danna L.'s rating of the film Goldenes Gift

- That's not the way to win. - Is there a way to win? -There's a way to lose more slowly.

9. MS1915's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

Now I know why Robert Mitchum is the face of film noir. He calms off as so calm and collected starring opposite Jane Greer, the quintessential femme fatale. They play off each other nice and the film keeps you on your toes. Not to mention Kirk Douglas is a great addition to the mix. I also think special attention should be paid to the lighting. Noir at its finest.

10. Muraki's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

11. A47's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

"...the kind of magic, or whatever it was..." The acting is what's unique here. Riding on those witty noire quips in the dialogue, Tourneur is able to deliver a whole world of exposition in subtext. Pushing through doors and exquisite use of close-ups to develop emotion. "My feelings? About ten years ago, I hid them somewhere and haven't been able to find them." That ending, though!

12. "Mother" Gin Sling's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

I didn't like the film the first time I saw it, but now I think I was totally crazy. This is a masterpiece. Tourneur takes style and figures of noir outdoor, into nature. The first kiss between the two protagonists is shrouded in the shadows... In a way, they were destined to die from the first kiss.

13. Marc St-Cyr (Death cinéphilia)'s rating of the film Goldenes Gift

14. Onbestendig's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

15. tsiulang's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

16. TheCinemaAdventurist's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

I love Jacques Tourneur's direction in this movie.

17. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

Lo mejor de "Retorno al pasado" es su final, ese cierre que siembra la duda sobre los verdaderos sentimientos de los personajes en el género del cine negro. Esa fascinación por siempre perfilarse al doble juego o la dualidad. Los protagonistas principales de este filme son cameleónicos. Cambian de parecer como de trajes, tanto en los negocios como en el amor.

18. Tiago Gonçalves's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

Gun in my purse, bitch, I came dressed to kill!

19. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

If Howard Hughes had not messed with Jane Greer, she might have had the career she deserved. She is peerless here.

20. Tigrane Minassian's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

Gritty, bittersweet, and melancholic, Out of the Past is superbly acted and directed, and features some cracking dialogues (that might come from the fact that James M. Cain is told to have done rewrites on the script). One of the best noirs I've seen.

21. bulgrin's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

This is definitely the blue-print for a film noir.

22. msmichel's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

Classic noir from director Tourneur. Amazing dialogue framed around a good story. Mitchum never better. Jane Greer's eyebrows almost a character themselves. Great sexy bit performance from Rhonda Fleming and good early one by Kirk Douglas.

23. Max's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

amazing film and even better tagline: “It’s like lightning kissing thunder when Mitchum makes love to a girl with a gun!”

24. Parvulesco's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

Mitchum is flawless and Greer is an absolute vision. This is my favorite noir.