Bewertungen & Rezensionen

1. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

★★★★ there is always a chance in a million of bumping into our past. preferably, wrapped in this amazing B&W cinematography and beautiful noir prose.

2. Risya's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

My first introduction of Robert Mitchum. And my, he did well in this. Overall, great performances and plenty of memorable quotable lines, but at times, loses its momentum due to its slow build-up and rushed ending. Hated the ending!

3. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

It has all the basic elements of noir but the dialogue and performances significantly stand out in this noir which is one of the best examples of the genre with Tourneur pulling it all together wonderfully.

4. Frankly, Mr. Shankly's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

Memorable dialogues, excellent acting and one of the most ambiguous femme fatales ever on the screen. Favorite Tourneur's movie to date.

5. Bronte's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

Words can't express the emotion I felt for this film, each and every performance is totally and utterly exquisite. and yet... noting came together quite so perfectly as it does in the final scene. One doesn't quite recognize where it all is leading until these last moments. And then it finally all makes perfect sense.

6. Ethan Vestby's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

Does any image better represent film noir than the shadows of two men fighting being cast over a dame?

7. Owen Sound's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

“Fact was that the high price actors there were back up on the studio, like Cary Grant and so on, they got all the lights.. so [Out of the Past] was lit with cigarettes.” - Robert Mitchum

8. Adam Z's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

definitely a contender for best cinematography in cinema history. I don't think that's a hyperbolic assertion.

9. catch_33's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

Check out our Podcast review of "Out of the Past" here: http://www.lastpictureshowpodcast.com/2011/10/episode-25-biophilia-thing-film-school.html

10. Daniela's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

11. candt's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

One of my favourite noirs. Fantastic script and performances.

12. Xose Manoel Ramos's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

Mitchum (en papel principal) +4 Douglas (Kirk - de paso) +2 Tourneur +3 e Jane Greer (ata eu cometería un crime se ela o dixese, e o curioso e que Mitchum non o fai) +3 : Isto da para un 10 (esaxerado tal vez, pero hai que meter a zoca algunha vez)

13. Sudipto Basu's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

The moral complexity of this film is bewildering.

14. lizle's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

Back in the day before the term "film noire" was coined, this genre of movie was commonly described in the TV Guide as a "melodrama".

15. Mark_Med's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

Great movie--- highly recommended!

16. chanandre's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

[Cinémathèque PT #157: 35 mm]

17. Stu Witmer's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

The first time I saw this film I fell in love with it and the work of director Jacques Turner. I've not been disappointed. You just don't get light and shadows like this in color movies.

18. mjgildea's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

If there was ever a movie that was the very definition of film noir, Out of the Past just may be it. It's got all the noir staples--dark moody photography, a femme fatale you're not sure if you want to kiss or kill & a grade-A sap knowningly walking into a screw job. Out of the Past gets more amazing with every viewing and not a bad performance or off moment is anywhere to be found. A truly underrated classic.

19. Dave's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

I wouldn't argue with anyone claiming that this was the finest film noir ever made...or the best film of the 40s...or the greatest film of all time. It's that good. Tourneur and Musaraca essentially craft the template for all noirs that came after and Robert Mitchum was never cooler than as Jeff Bailey.

20. Dean Fernando's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

Tourneur + Mitchum = Classic Noir

21. Django's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

This is as good as any film noir ever made, managing the hat trick of great screenplay, great direction and cinematography, and great performances all around.

22. Bill Rosenfield's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

Tough and dark and Robert Mitchum was really great.

23. Spencer Draper's rating of the film Goldenes Gift

Unforgettable. Cast is first-rate, and Mitchum's legend is founded here. If there ever was a definitive film noir, this is it. Sheer perfection-drink in all the darkness.

24. Doinel's rating of the film Goldenes Gift