Bitte aktualisiere deinen Browser um MUBI optimal nutzen zu können.

Bewertungen & Beurteilungen

1. Cee's rating of the film Paris brennt

I’m not looking for anything. I think all men are dogs. I honestly do. You know, every man starts barking sooner or later.

2. João Martins's rating of the film Paris brennt

"THROWING SHADE" - the origin.

3. ejonline's rating of the film Paris brennt

Watching it at the time it felt very elegaic, in part because of what was happening in the world. However, it also might be built into a movie like this. Once a scene is ripe for a documentary, in some ways that moment is over. So I remember feeling privileged to get access to a record of something that many people found valuable, but really sad at the same time. I can't imagine what it would be like to watch now.

4. Ma Xe's rating of the film Paris brennt

5. Santiago Delgado's rating of the film Paris brennt

Very educational, the documental leads the spectator to understand this minority with its social conditions and relations, life style and hopes without prejudices. That is to say, with a great social and human point of view.

6. Pancho Legaspi's rating of the film Paris brennt

7. Rodrigo's rating of the film Paris brennt

8. Aprilia Gunawan's rating of the film Paris brennt

Damn those voguing poses hands down beat Coco Rocha's

9. Georges Iroh's rating of the film Paris brennt

Accessible entryway into drag culture's roots as a punk movement. The concepts of "realness" and "passing" feel a little limiting now considering the contemporary discourse surrounding aestheticizing femininity, but the real villain of those discussions is societal expectation. Rest in Power Venus Xtravaganza.

10. FilmEdie's rating of the film Paris brennt

didn't review within 24 hours and my short term memory is not to be trusted. Will rewatch then review.

11. whoisaxer's rating of the film Paris brennt

This is BEAUTY, art, ​and love. The category is Legendary!

12. Audrey's rating of the film Paris brennt

Ça donne envie de créer, de danser, pis d'aller à New-York.

13. Sara Sousa's rating of the film Paris brennt

Poignant and bittersweet. Beneath the glamour (beautifully captured), there's a lot of pain and longing. So much lies beneath the surface. The director was able to capture the vulnerability, the hopes and desires of these people who so wanted the roles they played to be their reality - as their actual reality was so difficult

14. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Paris brennt

*voguing at those Academy members who did not nominate this for a documentary Oscar 30 years ago while Azealia Banks' Fierce plays in the background*

15. reiter's rating of the film Paris brennt

16. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Paris brennt

17. mysteriousgirlno2's rating of the film Paris brennt

quando a minha mae me pergunta porque é que tou a andar toda torta eu respondo É O ANDAR DA LIBERDADE BISH

18. Leif Erikson's rating of the film Paris brennt

This is white America. Any other nationality that is not of the white set knows this and accepts this till the day they die. That is everybody's dream and ambition as a minority - to live and look as well as a white person.

19. daniroelleb's rating of the film Paris brennt

This movie is like a Bible for the queer/ball community. I have watched this movie several times at this point and I still enjoy each story told throughout the film. It does make me happy and sad to see how things have turned for the ball community in a sense that being gay has become okay but there still continues to be a high volume of violence and homelessness towards queer community of color. We shall do better.

20. NicoIlGermanico's rating of the film Paris brennt

21. Moh de Mansour's rating of the film Paris brennt

22. xiaoyue's rating of the film Paris brennt

SPEAK YOUR BEAUTIFUL TRUTH

23. case/y's rating of the film Paris brennt

i don't like the rich white director tho

24. The Macho King's rating of the film Paris brennt