Bewertungen & Beurteilungen

1. Antares Rising's rating of the film Phoenix

Good story of trauma in postwar Europe.

2. Gabrielė Norkūnaitė's rating of the film Phoenix

3. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Phoenix

Phoenix shows what war does to people, how it destroys and mutilates not just bodies but identities, transforms or even reveals them. Nelly and Johnny play a game of identities and truths, where the one tries to revive the past by denying the obvious and the other to overcome it and use it for his personal advantage. I was screaming for a revenge, but the last scene exceeded all my expectations.

4. alessandrofarris001's rating of the film Phoenix

5. El Biffo's rating of the film Phoenix

6. Carlos's rating of the film Phoenix

Very moving vocal and acting at the pivotal point.

7. Melissa Lynch's rating of the film Phoenix

This film was set after the horrific incident in World War 2 when Nelly Lenz, a singer, returns to Berlin. She goes back to find her husband has betrayed her for the Nazis after she had just gone through intense plastic surgery after getting a bullet to the face. The use of language in this film played an important role in making this movie interesting to watch. The movie kept me engaged and I would recommend it.

8. zubee's rating of the film Phoenix

Wonderful story though rather disjointed. Hard to put all the characters together with the story line. Zehrfeld reminds me of a raw Gerard Depardieu -- he has to work on nuance more. Nina Hoss of Bette Davis. Petzold needs to seriously study more cinema.

9. Q's rating of the film Phoenix

I am new to curated film and have limited experience in film criticism but I am not new to life or emotion or love or despair or hate. I may be a expert still learning. Phoenix in Christian Petzold's hands is a useful tool for me as I continue to wake up each morning and start again.

10. Adam GR's rating of the film Phoenix

Whereas Barbara's heft is hesitant and almost postscript, Petzold's choices here create a vehicle for the character. With such complication established from the beginning, momentum is almost inevitable. Nina Hoss is captivating throughout, ironies bouncing behind her broken eyes. All the pain can be felt when we look at her, which makes the ending charade all the more appalling. In due time, she rises.

11. PAUL's rating of the film Phoenix

Dieser Film ist perfekt. Bemerkenswerte Leistung.

12. w's rating of the film Phoenix

Very cleverly conceived and executed. Nina Hoss is excellent.

13. Sam Chalekian's rating of the film Phoenix

Intimate, stirring, heart wrenching— an hour and a half film culminating in a single three minute jazz ballad — which is maybe the most beautiful song I’ve ever heard.

14. Ernesto's rating of the film Phoenix

I don’t think I’ll ever forget that final scene. #SpeakLow

15. Malcolm Harris's rating of the film Phoenix

This is the movie that Keira Knightley's agent convinces her they're making every time she does a new WWII period piece.

16. Tania Ahmadi's rating of the film Phoenix

"Speak low, when you speak love." Nina Hoss is brilliant!

17. Loz Loory's rating of the film Phoenix

Difficult to watch Nelly debase herself by plaintively longing to be recognized by her rotten husband (though her need for his love makes sense in the context of the film). Occasionally find the husband particularly dense in recognizing body language, though I suppose he's blocked it out along with his betrayal. Lene's demise feels slightly pat, as though she served her purpose and is unnecessary anymore.

18. QNorris9001's rating of the film Phoenix

19. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Phoenix

3.5 It was...good. Like...it has all the makings of a great film but just feels...good. There is a next gear it lacks. But its...good.

20. Daniel Cooper Clark's rating of the film Phoenix

Brilliant - and devastating . " Vertigo " is mentioned , of course , but also note Brian DePalma and Paul Schrader's " Obsession " with Genevieve Bujold and Cliff Robertson .

21. Allison Rung's rating of the film Phoenix

A concentration camp survivor continues to survive, on her own strange, dangerous, one might say gruesome terms. This was a real jaw-dropper at several points.

22. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film Phoenix