Bewertungen & Beurteilungen

1. Mr.Rager's rating of the film Das Leben - Ein Sechserpack

An extremely charismatic presence from a young Will Smith was probably the best thing about this movie. Those other things were just decent. The screenplay was a bit confusing and I haven't understood the point in the story despite the fact that the concept idea behind the "six degrees" is truly interesting. 6/10.

2. The Macho King's rating of the film Das Leben - Ein Sechserpack

Always been a underrated film and performance by Will Smith(arguably his best, it's definitely his most daring) Sigh, how many more films must i stumble across that Mubi erased from me(The fuckers literally owe me over 200+ ratings). I rated this film like the year I joined The Auteur's

3. pluviosity's rating of the film Das Leben - Ein Sechserpack

WORDS. but mess. made it hard to focus to what the purpose of the film actually is.

4. AnnalieseVevo's rating of the film Das Leben - Ein Sechserpack

this movie made me reverse racist

5. Le temps perdu's rating of the film Das Leben - Ein Sechserpack

A farce with over the top acting but also with a serious and lasting undertone. It has the same atmosphere as Woody Allen's movies but without the clever oneliners. I love the speech by Stockard Channing at the end.

6. www.letterboxd.com/xescie's rating of the film Das Leben - Ein Sechserpack

Cruelty-free cosmetics. Much improving on Stanley O'Toole's Easter-set 1983 film On the Third Day which probably served as no inspiration but bears some similarities.

7. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film Das Leben - Ein Sechserpack

For a film that pretends to be a splitting image of sophistication, it does very little to impress, indulging in stereotypes rather than looking for depth in characterization. The dialog by Gueyer is brilliant - and so is the social satire - however infinitely more appropriate to the stage. The performances are missing the punch that defines the play, but Stockard Channing is nothing short of brilliant.

8. Terri Wise's rating of the film Das Leben - Ein Sechserpack

If you haven't seen this yet, read (or see a good production of) the play first. It's better.

9. mjgildea's rating of the film Das Leben - Ein Sechserpack

Not bad. Six Degrees of Separation kind of felt like a heavier Woody Allen knock-off at points but worth a watch, even if that dark turn I was waiting for never came. Its kind of a bummer that this is as good as Will Smith would ever be but J.J. Abrams (and the rest of the spoiled rich kid brood) were hysterical.

10. film_lies101's rating of the film Das Leben - Ein Sechserpack

When adapting a play for a film DO NOT HAVE YOUR ACTORS BEHAVE AS IF THEY ON A FUCKING STAGE

11. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Das Leben - Ein Sechserpack

a 6/10, Will smith's "official" debut, my review: http://lasttimeisawdotcom.wordpress.com/2012/05/16/last-film-i-saw-six-degrees-of-separation/

12. dinotone's rating of the film Das Leben - Ein Sechserpack

work'd for me... impressive performance from will smith, very dramatic film, good sunday afternoon flick...

13. Checkpoint Charlie's rating of the film Das Leben - Ein Sechserpack

A suprise to me since I'm so used to seeing Will Smith as his all-around-nice-guy persona, his performance was the most convincing in this film. Was he a complete sociopath, or just a lost boy struggling as a chameleon? Seeing this makes me wish he'd take more dimensional roles nowadays.

14. Roscoe's rating of the film Das Leben - Ein Sechserpack

15. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film Das Leben - Ein Sechserpack

One major problem I had with this film was the performances - Stockard Channing, Donald Sutherland, Will Smith - all great actors, but here they're acting in the broad, over-dramatic style of the stage, which just comes off as obnoxious and annoying on screen. It has a good story with great characters, but told in a disjointed way with cloying "witty" dialogue that was more annoying than clever.