Bewertungen & Rezensionen

1. Shahriar Khan's rating of the film Tetro

Coppola goes Tennessee Williams - limping male, intense but scarred with incest youth, mutton dressed as lamb, dubious authority of the father, characters on the cusp of madness, sweats, passions, overblown emotions. Gallo is as Gallo does, Ehrenreich is the closest clone to DiCaprio there’s ever been, Maribel Verdú does the hard yards in keeping it all emotionally resonant but it doesn’t quite come off. A misfire.

2. VincentVendetta's rating of the film Tetro

Coppola returns to Rumble Fish, to the relationship of two distant brothers - one is a poet, this other is not - brought back together in a turbulent family reunion. It's a bit long and the colour segment are much weaker than the rest, but I can't help but admire such beautiful direction and cinematography. It tries its hardest to conjure the spirit of classic cinema instead of lazily referencing it.

3. between7skies's rating of the film Tetro

3.5Was a superb film,until it was ruined by the ending.Great cast, who inhabited their characters fully, but the ending took the edge out their performances.It made them appear as if they are acting the part, rather than being it. Magnificent cinematography, each frame was a work of supreme beauty.It would have been more convincing if the film didn't have an ending, as Tetro didn't want an ending to his books.

4. dan's rating of the film Tetro

pleasant takes on family conflicts and relations, on memories and guilt. Good acting by Gallo. No one mentioned yet this is based on a known Greek myth- I don't say which so that I won't spoil. In general it plays with as much gravity as in a Greek tragedy along with Coppola's mannerism

5. simona dumitriu's rating of the film Tetro

6. lesminho's rating of the film Tetro

7. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Tetro

8. Jenny Coldpussy's rating of the film Tetro

I don't get it. How can a film directed by F. F. Coppola, starring Vincent Gallo and Maribel Verdu be such a corny piece of crap? The script is like something an angsty pretentious teenager would write after a fight with his dad. Those were two precious hours I'll never get back.

9. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film Tetro

Hell of a movie, I met Francis Ford Coppola at the premiere of this in Seattle with my brother Sean.

10. antibody's rating of the film Tetro

11. Samuel Righi's rating of the film Tetro

12. misu's rating of the film Tetro

13. Trunfos's rating of the film Tetro

14. PascBaha's rating of the film Tetro

annoying.. slow.. poor dialogs.. useless..

15. thibaultpiguet's rating of the film Tetro

A really nice movie, very sensitive and clever, except for ending that come too late ans miss his point. But still very pleasant to watch

16. Anna K's rating of the film Tetro

Vu au cinéma à sa sortie, j'en garde un souvenir assez tiède... Style ampoulé, lent et long. Vincent Gallo ne parvient pas à sauver ce film...

17. Katerina's rating of the film Tetro

18. sheila's rating of the film Tetro

flat characters, the same story of estranged relations, symbolism full of cliches. so average. it just doesn't work...

19. Michelle McCance's rating of the film Tetro

20. yroc's rating of the film Tetro

Easily one of the best looking films of the decade. I feel this film is very underrated but as far as Coppola films go, it is sub par work. I found Gallo's performance to be pretty solid although it felt stiff at moments. Overall, it was a good watch but not a lot of replay value. Luckily I bought the dvd for $4 so not a waste in the least.

21. jeremie's rating of the film Tetro

22. Peter Rinaldi's rating of the film Tetro

brave, unique, weird and wonderful

23. Christopher Taylor's rating of the film Tetro

Flawless and fascinating right up to the last eight minutes. A fantastic fabrication of forties and fifties classics given timelessness and intricate characters, namely Gallo, that are entertaining to watch.

24. El Biffo's rating of the film Tetro

Was this supposed to be Vincent Gallo's big comeback? Sorry, Vinny!