Bewertungen & Beurteilungen

1. Nicholas Gregory's rating of the film Die Brücke am Kwai

Deceptively epic due to its wide-frames and number of extras, but small in scope and magnitude with largely a single location and lack of constant spectacle. The characters, however, are astutely developed, not minimalist in psychological complexity like The Great Escape, nor obvious and over-stated like the Lewis character in There Will Be Blood. But Kwai lacks excitement and in escalated tension until the climax.

2. Huey McEvoy's rating of the film Die Brücke am Kwai

3. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film Die Brücke am Kwai

This movie made my jaw drop, utterly unpredictable.

4. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Die Brücke am Kwai

I'm in love with all the gorgeous wide shots that Lean incorporates of the British PoWs working on the bridge. This film is epic in ways that other war films can only dream of. Order, obsession, and tragedy in the name of a nation's cause–it's all under a microscope here.

5. Loud Rocks's rating of the film Die Brücke am Kwai

6. Leonardo Malaguti's rating of the film Die Brücke am Kwai

7. FISCHER's rating of the film Die Brücke am Kwai

Un classique du film de guerre, avec son inoubliable musique de référence, qui se regarde avec un plaisir évident, malgré quelques longueurs guère préjudiciables. www.cinefiches.com

8. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Die Brücke am Kwai

Fantastic timeless story based upon real events about P.O.W forced to build a bridge in Burma. Impressive character portraits where Alec Guinness unsurprisingly steals the show. Great atmospheric footage and the whistle tune is unforgettable. A war epic that few movies can top.

9. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Die Brücke am Kwai

8.1/10, my review: https://wp.me/p1eXom-3cb

10. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Die Brücke am Kwai

"What have I done?" See it in Blu-Ray, it's worth multiple viewings. Masterpiece.

11. Drew Kelly's rating of the film Die Brücke am Kwai

Nice character contrasts mirrored in the action/main trajectory of the film: honor to country vs. honor to self. Perhaps the most human facet of this story goes unspoken of: the Japanese Colonel prepares to kill himself, and it seems like he will go through with it. The next morning we see him alive. He decides to be true to himself over his country's traditions. Ultimately the "madness" of war wins--all die.

12. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Die Brücke am Kwai

A competent best picture winner, but there are just simply so many superior war films that this has become an afterthought for me.

13. MistaRichard's rating of the film Die Brücke am Kwai

«There's always the unexpected, isn't there?»

14. gld48's rating of the film Die Brücke am Kwai

So English that it makes me sick. But it is a good film, William Holden shines more than Alec Guinness IMO.

15. Andrew Sax's rating of the film Die Brücke am Kwai

16. Elle Johnston's rating of the film Die Brücke am Kwai

A long slog of a film that was only made better by the great performances of all those involved. The story on the other hand bored the crap outa me.

17. yovargas's rating of the film Die Brücke am Kwai

English WWII POWs are forced to build a bridge for the enemy. Other English soldiers are then sent on a mission to blow up that bridge. Everyone acts kinda stupid, all the efforts are fruitless so....war is dumb, I guess? Mostly I found the people and their plight silly, specially the very, very, very British Britishness of the commander. Like, can you tone down the Britishness a notch or three? I give it a B-.

18. THE APOLL0's rating of the film Die Brücke am Kwai

"My God, what have I done"

19. Ghostman's rating of the film Die Brücke am Kwai

20. Chris's rating of the film Die Brücke am Kwai

an all around great movie technically and narratively combined with william holden shirtless 90% of the time

21. Ethan's rating of the film Die Brücke am Kwai

This is the definition of epic. Lean was the Master of the Epic and this, in my opinion, is his greatest epic, but I am a sucker for a great ensemble with a grand setting. Everybody is perfect in this film.

22. film_lies101's rating of the film Die Brücke am Kwai

Not sure if the entire running time is justified but this is epic filmmaking of the highest order

23. Malte's rating of the film Die Brücke am Kwai

A Classic. The civilized Englishman, the brutal Japanese and the lazy American. Good show.

24. nejurgi's rating of the film Die Brücke am Kwai

no matter who built it, british, americans or japanese. In the end, destruction is destruction