Para disfrutar de una experiencia mejor en MUBI, Actualiza tu buscador

Bewertungen & Beurteilungen

1. Thomas's rating of the film Der Eissturm

Ok domestic drama with a nice sense of period. Allison Janney steals the show.

2. Riccardo Anacar's rating of the film Der Eissturm

Paul Hood: it was a typical predicament for the Fantastic Four, because they weren't like other superheroes. They were more like a family. And the more power they had, the more harm they could do to each other without even knowing it. That was the meaning of the Fantastic Four: that a family is like your own personal anti-matter. Your family is the void you emerge from, and the place you return to when you die.

3. raggiodisole's rating of the film Der Eissturm

The psychic fallout from broken contracts, frustrated stumblings through lustful adolescence, a dollop of Marvel analogy, finished off with tragic weather, and you have bourgeois 70's America laid bare

4. Inteleter's rating of the film Der Eissturm

Thought this was just alright. The acting and directing was great but the film as whole came off as being just uninteresting.

5. conny's rating of the film Der Eissturm

sometimes a well told story is all you need: simple, humane.

6. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Der Eissturm

A fantastic cast, young and old (Joan Allen, Kevin Kline, Sigourney Weaver, Tobey Maguire, Christina Ricci, Elijah Wood), give wonderful performances in this Ang Lee film that shows various members of two families becoming intertwined in matters of love and sex, and a party that asks people to drop their car keys in a bowl.

7. Mitch North's rating of the film Der Eissturm

This movie took me totally by surprise. It's a wonderful nuanced take on the lives of American family life in the 1960s, with great interplay between parents and children. It falls into the 'demise of the American Dream' idea which isn't wholly original but the film has a lot of depth.

8. keithinhull's rating of the film Der Eissturm

9. Mrs Robinson's rating of the film Der Eissturm

Disappointing. Visually The Ice Storm has all the hallmarks of Ang Lee's best films, but the story is boring. The acting isn't bad. The casting is great. But seriously, out of all the subjects one can chose to translate into film, I think this would have been better left on paper. Like the storyline, there are probably hundreds of things you could do better with your time than sit and watch this.

10. Tja's rating of the film Der Eissturm

Ang Lee makes a moving moralistic fable from this tale of incidental sex and death in small town New Canaan. The early 70's mis en scene is perfect and the big freeze a bonus as lives and cars slide from their normal paths and collide in a monied middle-class way.

11. Kirk's rating of the film Der Eissturm

It was good to see this film again. It's a subtle exploration of the similarities and differences between teenagers and adults in regard to love. However, I'm still on a free trial here, and I was a bit let down by the poor quality of the video. On my Apple TV, Mubi said this film was in HD; on the website it does not. It is a terrible transfer, and I question the usefulness of including movies in such poor quality

12. McOpinionated's rating of the film Der Eissturm

Very good cast, setting and period feel. A distinctive take on a tried and tested plot.

13. AdaRLD's rating of the film Der Eissturm

Classic family-relationship, mayhem-over-thanksgiving kind of story, with a great cast and a good depiction of an era in the us, with a powerful use of the analespse.

14. Dan Phillips's rating of the film Der Eissturm

America always seems to be on the verge of all the dysfunction seen in this movie and the sadness that follows

15. Christine's rating of the film Der Eissturm

This is a rather brilliant and dramatic take on middle class family life with its trials, tribulations, affairs, teenage loves and dramas, ending in a shattering finale. Don't expect light entertainment.

16. Benji's rating of the film Der Eissturm

Enjoyed it until the final quarter, when I thought it became contrived and heavy-handed, forcing an ending which was at odds with the rest of the film.

17. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film Der Eissturm

The film kept telling me how great the book must be, and how Lee's adaptation fails to capture it. There's a sense of constant incompleteness, that either the scenes run too short or too long, that characters say too little or too much. Worse, most of the interactions are awkward, and not in a "Lanthimos-good-awkward" way. The viewing was still enjoyable, but never emotionally involving.

18. lauli's rating of the film Der Eissturm

This film is so wonderfully 90s, though set in the 70s. Christina Ricci delivers one of her riveting performances of the decade as a sort of childish femme fatale, and Joan Allen, though subdued, transmits so much in such a muted way that it's all we need to understand her plight. Beautiful cinematography and art direction (because of course, Ang Lee). A very enjoyable experience.

19. Ralphesque's rating of the film Der Eissturm

I recommend seeing this alongside Egoyan's The Sweet Hereafter (also from 1997). Both are remarkable book-to-film adaptations.

20. sissy69's rating of the film Der Eissturm

is this what connecticut is like ??

21. Mr.Rager's rating of the film Der Eissturm

The movie was far interesting in the last part when things got more emotional. Until then not so much happened. A few moments were a little bit kinky and i was into that, reminded me about some days of my own childhood. The title of the movie says more about the cold inside the characters. Fine performances offered by some good actors. The kids really did well. 7.25/10 (good drama movie)

22. mahdis's rating of the film Der Eissturm

23. Walker's rating of the film Der Eissturm

An excellent film to watch on Thanksgiving. Good stuff.

24. Rodrigo Pereira's rating of the film Der Eissturm