Bitte aktualisiere deinen Browser um MUBI optimal nutzen zu können.

Bewertungen & Rezensionen

1. Luca's rating of the film The Time That Remains

2. mpho3's rating of the film The Time That Remains

"When you are Palestinian it is easier for people to say you are subversive. I don’t think that there is anything subversive about a movie where a family takes a certain route that is both personal and intimate. Nor is there anything cruel in it, apart from the cruelty of life in a certain locale. What I show in the film is history. It is fact. It is not subversive at all." Suleiman interview, Sight & Sound 4.5 stars

3. shelbywelldone's rating of the film The Time That Remains

Elia with the streak of grey hair >>>>>>>

4. CAP's rating of the film The Time That Remains

Suleiman filters the Israeli-Palestinian conflict through his father's diary in the first part and his own weird perception of the current state of things in the second. And this estrangement is transposed with a surreal and naive style that can be placed between Kaurismaki and Tati but without their talent. Some scenes boil down to stylized vignettes.

5. Renton47's rating of the film The Time That Remains

Suleiman begins his autobiographical story in a time before his birth, and when he is present in the last chapter it is as silent observer (bar one incredible moment of defiance). The effect suggests a life that is not governed by free will, as those overseen by colonialist forces rarely are. Even within parameters of tight framing and control Suleiman's film is a work of resistance on his terms.

6. bernardovazdecastro's rating of the film The Time That Remains

7. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film The Time That Remains

8. Juan's rating of the film The Time That Remains

Simpático. Aunque parece contener dos películas diferentes.

9. Mathieu Brouns's rating of the film The Time That Remains

Is this supposed to be funny? I didn't find it funny at all. And it's all much too detached. I miss feelings, empathy, depth of character. Some critics see similarities between Suleiman's work and that of Jacques Tati and Buster Keaton. It's true I noticed some boring Tati imitation and it's also true that the director looks a bit like Buster Keaton. But while Keaton was a genius Suleiman is just an imitator.

10. Shahin Katila's rating of the film The Time That Remains

11. SBERB's rating of the film The Time That Remains

12. xevli's rating of the film The Time That Remains

Tati,Dieu Omniprésent dans tous les plans - le film raconte le quotidien dans un monde renversé et toute la force résistante d'une tasse de café.

13. totochvilli's rating of the film The Time That Remains

Boring, boring, boring movie for boring pseudo intellectual french boring people who watch boring french television and who like french boring poetry and french boring humour.

14. Justepourmesouveniraprès's rating of the film The Time That Remains

Intéressant portrait d'une famille palestinienne sur 2 générations au cours de l'imposition de l'État d'Israel.

15. FISCHER's rating of the film The Time That Remains

C'est en donnant aux événements et situations virtuellement dramatiques, une configuration cocasse et décalée ou visuellement esthétique et picturale utilisant un comique à répétition, entre ubuesque constat d'impuissance et profond désarroi existentiel que le cinéaste dresse l'amère cartographie d'une nation en miettes, profondément en désarroi avec un humour ravageur www.cinefiches.com

16. Philippe Dumez's rating of the film The Time That Remains

Il ne faut pas se laisser décourager par la première partie du film, qui pêche un peu par la rigidité de la reconstitution historique. Le reste est bien plus personnel.

17. Clove's rating of the film The Time That Remains

An impeccably taut comedic masterwork - dry, deadpan, absurdist - surveying, with wit, restraint, distance, the farce (and horror) of Nakba, Israeli occupation, and the resulting (il)logical extensions (e.g. "present absentees", or the somehow both "Jewish and democratic" state...) Scathing, dignified, full of understated tenderness. Plus badass pole vault over the West Bank Wall. Wonderful cinema.

18. Caden JJ's rating of the film The Time That Remains

I'll admit I didn't fully understand everything which went on in the film, which is why I suppose I didn't really like it. At times I found it was trying too hard to be funny, which got me irritated and therefore felt even more distanced. I'd recommend reading into it more prior to watching then maybe you'll have a more enjoyable experience than I did.

19. Max Seqgar's rating of the film The Time That Remains

Nothing like a douse of humor, in a very interesting stroll through Palestinian history -and Israelite pestering.

20. Asaph Tal's rating of the film The Time That Remains

21. Colum Lavelle's rating of the film The Time That Remains

I really liked this, funny, poignant and full of pathos, and so relevant. The photography and lighting alone make it a masterpiece, the subtle way of letting us know the passage of time.

22. nickolia's rating of the film The Time That Remains

A beautiful, funny film for all its sadness. PS Free Palestine

23. Hrvoslava Brkušić's rating of the film The Time That Remains

24. arlinda's rating of the film The Time That Remains

Absurdist comedy of the highest order. It connects, not alienates, you with these people's experiences.