Bewertungen & Beurteilungen

1. Ethan's rating of the film The Tree of Life

Terrence Malick has a style that transcends narrative and forms into a subconscious state of filmmaking that travels through the reaches of time and space to find the true meaning of life in the cosmos. Visually stunning and definitely not for everybody but a head trip film nonetheless that feels like what would happen if Robert Redford directed 2001: A Space Odyssey.

2. Malcolm Harris's rating of the film The Tree of Life

I think I saw it in theatres three times lol

3. Obsessive Cinema Disorder (OCD)'s rating of the film The Tree of Life

4. Santiago Delgado's rating of the film The Tree of Life

Great spiritual film, I loved very much the tree frames. There is no physical main character in the film because it is not a person, the main character is the search of answers about life, familar interactions and concernings. The characters as persons are used as a respresentation and narrative tool

5. Enrico Benarivo's rating of the film The Tree of Life

6. lesminho's rating of the film The Tree of Life

7. ceknklsn's rating of the film The Tree of Life

89/100 ( Faşizm belasını ortaya çıkaran nesli anlatan Haneke'nin The White Ribbon'ından sonra Malick'ten neo liberalizmin zehrini veren ufaklıklar. İki nesil de travmaları çocukluğa dayanır, aileleri disiplin kıstası altında insanlıktan yoksundur, toplum dindardır, babalar savaş dönüşünden geldikleri için sevgiyi unutmuştur ve bu ufaklıklar büyüyüp Hitler'e, Reagan'a oy atar. Bu nesiller bir hiç uğruna harcanmıştır.)

8. Eriugena82's rating of the film The Tree of Life

At times veers a tad close to pretentious ridiculousness but pulls through, resulting in a what is an awe-inspiring cinematic experience. It's a film with a lot of spiritual and philosophical weight behind it. We are prompted to reflect on the mysteries of existence and the grandeur of creation; the particular - ie. the story elements - are absorbed within the infinite and transcendent, but not lost within it.

9. Daniel's rating of the film The Tree of Life

10. Jason's rating of the film The Tree of Life

Christ almighty have I ever found myself of several minds and all over the map re: Malick this last decade. I have arrived at a place of surrender. It helps that I have come to realize that my intellectual and aesthetic values were always implicitly spiritual ones. I just watched the new three-hour-eight-minute cut of THE TREE OF LIFE. Wow. So, it's all about love and fear. The movie, sure, but, really, ALL OF IT.

11. Gabriele Malagoli's rating of the film The Tree of Life

12. alfredodimalo's rating of the film The Tree of Life

13. lofisofi's rating of the film The Tree of Life

i don't think Malick intended it as such but this movie functions surprisingly well as a study of growing up forced by patriarchy into boyhood, this makes the movie worth watching for me

14. Adam Whybray's rating of the film The Tree of Life

3.5 stars. There were moments watching this where I thought it was one of the greatest films I'd ever seen and moments in which I thought it was one of the most interminable and worst. Still, I felt like all of those who up and walked out of the cinema were being very ungenerous to a very generous film. It has a lot to offer in its bearlike clumsiness. One could do a good paper relating its ideas to those of A.N.T.

15. askapsaskis's rating of the film The Tree of Life

Post-hiatus Malick is dialectics of the heart, internal struggle for a Truth concealed by our own complexity. One cannot reason their way into or out of such a film—it is the amassment of raw experience, monolithic and unknowable; the situating of the self in a cosmic sense (isn't this all we do?); a Proustian moment of peace, quietly ecstatic, briefly aware.

16. keyifadami's rating of the film The Tree of Life

17. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Tree of Life

**1/2. Religious movie about Grace or the search for God in Nature. From the Big Bang (No Eden, just Dinosaurs) to the End of Time. In the middle, a family. Texas, in the 60's. 'Days of Heaven' deserved the Palme d'Or. This one, clearly not. Already forgotten,I'm afraid.

18. Arandhitio Ballagi's rating of the film The Tree of Life

religius, sentimentil. layaknya hubungan manusia dan semesta. good story telling, Lubezki have a good performance.

19. Nico Mensinga's rating of the film The Tree of Life

20. bulgrin's rating of the film The Tree of Life

The first of the style-over-substance catalogue of Malick. Stunning photography, undeniable great performance, but ... what??

21. zdravk3's rating of the film The Tree of Life

Went to a small cinema in Belgrade to watch this, smoked a lot of skunk weed right before. Bad idea - when the space scenes started it hit me so hard I was afraid the planets will collide and almost puked. I hid my head in my jacket and somehow got through it half baked, half-asleep. I'm not sure how many stars to put :) I think I should watch it properly again :)

22. Adam GR's rating of the film The Tree of Life

A masterpiece in experimental cinema. A rainbow of a story, occasionally emoted through the lives of a broken American family. Malick is a poet in the vanguard of visual artistry.

23. Lalizou's rating of the film The Tree of Life