Bewertungen & Beurteilungen

1. FISCHER's rating of the film Asphaltrennen

Film atypique plutôt en marge de la production yankee courante de l'époque... www.cinefiches.com

2. mlstrx's rating of the film Asphaltrennen

sometimes i don't know where this dirty road is taking me

3. camille demers-lambert's rating of the film Asphaltrennen

4. Vytautas Abromaitis's rating of the film Asphaltrennen

A road movie without so much romance. Between settling down and the road, the protagonist chooses the latter. And, of course, each choice comes with its own consequences.

5. Marc St-Cyr (Death cinéphilia)'s rating of the film Asphaltrennen

6. Benjamin Reid's rating of the film Asphaltrennen

That roadside beers scene always warms me. Director Edgar Wright turned me on to this movie a few years ago by saying it’s a movie he constantly rewatches but never completely understands. I remember being bored to death the first time I saw it, but I am now in conflict over if I love it or just like it. There seems to be some commentary on how masculine bravado corrupts how people see your intentions and sincerity.

7. el.'s rating of the film Asphaltrennen

8. Dalibor's rating of the film Asphaltrennen

A decent example of 70's Hollywood meeting 70's state of mind. Untrammeled characters wondering about, half-baked dialogues about everything and nothing, and an underlying ideology of freedom personified here in grassroots love towards an open road. Is it easy lovable Americana? Indeed! Does it stand out among the rest of the genre in any way? Not really.

9. Mazintas's rating of the film Asphaltrennen

Along with 'The Killing of a Chinese Bookie' and 'Assault on Precinct 13,' the peak of 1970's American indie cinema; everything else pales in comparison.

10. jonijtr's rating of the film Asphaltrennen

this thing works like a zen meditation, an examination of endless searching for the edge of existential through the landscape of americana. but it kinda lose it's steam halfway through (full indonesian review : https://jonijtr.blogspot.co.id/2018/03/filosofi-eksistensi-dalam-adu-balapan.html

11. lina maj's rating of the film Asphaltrennen

(3.5) Very geeky, sparse and often mind-numbingly boring dialogues, yet this film has magic. Maybe it lies in the gaps and emptiness - silent roads, cafeterias and gas stations, the characters that don't stick together, the pointlessness of future plans and dreams. (The egg eating scene was my favorite in the whole film!)

12. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Asphaltrennen

Great road movie with almost documentary style and believable authentic characters but the story is pretty thin as it's all about driving cars through the US and picking up girl hitchhikers for sex. Not every film needs to have Shakespearean dialogue and political manipulations, but this is an acquired taste to be sure.

13. bryanvmh's rating of the film Asphaltrennen

"Make it three yards, motherfucker, and we'll have an automobile race."

14. blkrchs's rating of the film Asphaltrennen

15. Inês's rating of the film Asphaltrennen

"Those son of a bitches. They've been following me clear across two states... Three states."

16. Juan D.'s rating of the film Asphaltrennen

17. Eliza Lupu's rating of the film Asphaltrennen

3.5... " -You guys aren't like the Zodiac killers or anything, right? -Nope. Just passin' through. "

18. Steve G.'s rating of the film Asphaltrennen

Two-Lane Cackplop, more like.

19. Johnny Seeker's rating of the film Asphaltrennen

I guess they're right, Harry Dean Stanton never appears in a bad film!

20. Aardsy's rating of the film Asphaltrennen

21. Ethan's rating of the film Asphaltrennen

The greatest road picture ever made. This is a beautiful film with some very intimate moments that feel like real life unfolding right before your eyes. Warren Oates especially shines as the unpredictable GTO.

22. David Grillo's rating of the film Asphaltrennen

Hellman films the idea of the road a timeless flat plane of existence an endless horizon a freedom that is separate from society and the settled civilization a freedom outside of the body and the mind the freedom of the wind the film is basically an endless race without a destination and ends with a retelling of Icarus where man is engulfed in a void of ultimate meaningless.

23. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Asphaltrennen

They don’t make’em like they used to – cars and racing movies. Cool, edgy, powerful; detached yet somehow very true. It’s a race of two young guys in an old car on “a masculine power trip” –as The Girl puts it- against an old(er) guy in a flashy new car, the great pathological liar whose only moment of truth is interrupted by a cruel “I don’t wanna hear about it”. Let’s just race: a simple story but with many layers.

24. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Asphaltrennen