Bewertungen & Beurteilungen

1. Malt Frisky's rating of the film Volver

Over-rated soap opera that seems to have every award thrown at it for nominations and placed in every critics top 10 list for the year. I'm beginning to wonder if Almodóvar style just isn't for me, it's not something I'm on the same page with in terms of drama or humour. We all have skeletons in our closets or pasts we can't confront, I get the theme! I just don't think it lands with anything it's setting out with

2. Eric Porcelluzzi's rating of the film Volver

3. Linda Wittgenstein's rating of the film Volver

4. dionysus67's rating of the film Volver

Shot against an exquisitely mundane world of colors, Almodovar's film continues the exploration of women's milieux, tackling generational 'debts' around the mother-daughter relationship. His film style and mise-en-scène have grown more academic yet also more effective in character development. If the female cast led by Cruz delivers ample rewards, the film as a whole tends to procrastinate in scenes and dialogues.

5. Cody Hoskins's rating of the film Volver

Like most of Almodovar's earlier films, Volver is an odd twist of comedy, macabre, and tragedy with the best outrageous and colorful performances from actresses, even though it get hard to balance out what the real focal conflict of all the stress and trauma in these women's lives really is. Some storylines would have been better severed like the dilemma around Cruz' character which goes nowhere climatically.

6. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Volver

Apart from Bergman - in a different situation - can there be a Director with such certainty and sure-handedness in crafting something of conviction from the most unlikely elements? Volver is however rather low on energy in the intertwining plot-craft expected in latter Almodóvar webbing a simple, occasionally affecting, lattice of maternally familial nonsenses but little more. The playing however is effective.

7. Hermann A. RG's rating of the film Volver

8. Victor-André's rating of the film Volver

The film is sadly unbalanced, beginning and ending were pretty intriguing whereas the mid plot was a bit weak. I loved Penelope Cruz and her acting, a real goddess!

9. Loud Rocks's rating of the film Volver

10. De La Ghetto's rating of the film Volver

Almadovar weaves together so many different textual threads, and yet his films never seem busy or rushed. A work of alchemy, tapping into the elements of the thriller, the mystery, and the gothic, and interweaving them with the real. A love letter to womanhood, the characters in this movie are lovingly written and accurately portrayed. Plus, Penelope Cruz yo. What else do you need? The scene where she sings...dam...

11. Max Chervin's rating of the film Volver

A quintessential Almodovar melodrama... Passionate, female driven, a wholesome ghost story if ever there was one

12. croissant massage's rating of the film Volver

A very good film that doesn't quite live up to its reputation. I expected to be wowed and moved, but ended up very satisfied.

13. nadnab's rating of the film Volver

14. Giacomo Pozzi's rating of the film Volver

15. FISCHER's rating of the film Volver

Magnifique gynécée almodovarien qui se bat et se vit avec une formidable aisance et une conviction admirable. Reste que l'oeuvre, même quelquefois brillante n'a ni la puissance, ni l'envoûtement de certaines précédentes productions du réalisateur... www.cinefiches.com

16. Sara Lucas's rating of the film Volver

17. Sunyu's rating of the film Volver

I'm in love, the colors in this movie!Wonderful, love the contrast and the feeling. It's a comedy and a drama at same time, cause they take the problems lightly.. In fact they are strong woman, that's what I like about the movie, very feminine, we don't have a lot of man here. We see a lot fo independent woman struggling with life with hidden secrets and a lot of superstition typical from people in rural places.

18. anacecil's rating of the film Volver

Diferente, extraña y siempre interesante, como toda slas películas de Almodovar !!!

19. JoanaSantos's rating of the film Volver

20. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film Volver

21. s.birowo's rating of the film Volver

A celebration of matriarchs

22. Trunfos's rating of the film Volver

23. redux's rating of the film Volver

Daughter, sitting on a fridge that holds a corpse: "This room is full of our mother's fart, he he he he". Mother, from under the bed, in tears: "Forgive me for not giving a shit when your father knocked you up, boo hoo hoo".

24. Leif Erikson's rating of the film Volver

But the fleeing traveller, sooner or later must come to a halt. And even though oblivion, which destroys everything, has killed my old illusions.

← Previous 1 3 4 5